Author Topic: No hydro guys in MY yard!!  (Read 6532 times)

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
No hydro guys in MY yard!!
« on: May 09, 2007, 10:59:21 pm »
I very rarely have Teddy tied out but it was a nice day and I was home for lunch so I thought I'd put him out for a few minutes.  I heard this terrible sounding, meancing barking which I've never heard from Teddy before!  I got outside just in time to see the poor hydro meter reader guy running for his life!  LOL! I've never seen a guy run so fast!! 

After I came outside and intruduced him, Teddy was all lovey to the guy.  (I did try to hide my giggles when I intruduced them - LOL!)

Poor fella, I'm not sure I would want his job!  LOL!

Teddy's my hero!  LOL!  (But I'm still gonna get a hydro bill!)

Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: No hydro guys in MY yard!!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 11:23:21 pm »
It was really funny because the guy came from the other side of the house and Teddy's chain reaches around the corner and about 1/2 way down that wall!  The guy wouldn't even have SEEN Teddy until he was almost on top of him cause Ted was at the back!!!  LOL!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 11:52:34 pm »
Lol, I can see those days coming. We just have a meter reader guy for the power company come and he doesn't give a second thought about coming right in the fence, I never know when he's even been there unless I see him walk back across the front. Needless to say, the dogs have never been out there at that time. When they are grown that could be funny, or actually scary. Time for some signs then I guess.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 02:10:02 am »
Ted!!  you are becoming a man. 
I'm surprised the hydro guy ran.  you aren't a mean looking boy at all.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 05:12:08 am »
Hey, big paw or little paw, teeth are a great equalizer.   I'd definately watch out for chihuahua teeth, too!   :o  ;D

The water guys aren't having a good day with at BPO houses today.  LMAO  ;)  ;D  ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 01:09:36 pm »
Our hydro guy has a key to the house to read the meter (inside the add on, we bought it that way) and normally just lets himself in, one day he knocked because he saw pawprints (Phelan was 9mos, he somehow missed him for 7mos??), I answered the door and he asked if we had a dog but continued to walk into the house as I answered "Yeah, a big one."  Phelan chose this time to appear and the guy started walking backwards out the door, saying "Oh nah, nah, nah" I had to laugh. Phelan didn't even try to approach him, it was early and he just laid down ;D

Offline TomB

• Gnawer
  • Meisi The Landseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 01:43:38 pm »
That sounds great! Teddy did his job well.
My Meisi only licks everyone she meets. Never barks at people or other dogs. She would let anyone into our apartment. If it was a burglar she would probably help him carry things out.

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 11:22:57 pm »
That sounds great! Teddy did his job well.
My Meisi only licks everyone she meets. Never barks at people or other dogs. She would let anyone into our apartment. If it was a burglar she would probably help him carry things out.

lol :D