Author Topic: The journey starts tomorrow ***UPDATE 2***  (Read 10316 times)

Offline TomB

• Gnawer
  • Meisi The Landseer
    • View Profile
The journey starts tomorrow ***UPDATE 2***
« on: May 17, 2007, 04:52:30 pm »
Tomorrow morning Meisi begins her journey to Canada. First we have to drive 300 miles (480 km) south from Oulu to a small place near Helsinki. There she will stay in a shelter for 4 days before she will fly from Helsinki to Frankfurt and from Frankfurt to Toronto. Her actual trip from Finland to Toronto will all happen in one day. And in one and a half weeks we should be reunited on the new continent.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 10:33:44 pm by TomB »

mama23+pyrs2

Re: The journey starts tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 09:42:45 pm »
Gosh, what a trip ..Good luck!

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 03:52:50 am »
We'll be thinking of you and Meisi.  Please post when you can and be sure to let us all know when you are settled back in together.  I hope that it all goes smoothly! 

BTW, I envy you ending up in Toronto.  You'll find a lot of nice BPO people in your new area.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline TomB

• Gnawer
  • Meisi The Landseer
    • View Profile
Re: The journey starts tomorrow UPDATE 1
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 02:47:44 pm »
Meisi is in Mississauga!  :D:D !
She has successfully completed her journey from Finland to Toronto. My father picked her up from the airport and now she is at my parents house. Her actual trip from Finland to Toronto lasted 24 hours.
At the Toronto airport in the cargo pickup area they asked him jokingly if he was waiting to pickup a small pony ;D, that's because the "package" (box + Meisi) weighed 90 kg (198 lb). Meisi on her own weighs exactly 50 kg (110 lb).
Next week Wednesday I will arrive in TO, and be reunited with Meisi. I will then write a complete update about Meisi's trip to Canada, and what it takes to send a BP overseas. I'll try to include pictures of the box as well as the full cost of this endeavor.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 03:13:08 pm »
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D  I'm so glad that Meisi arrived in Toronto safe & sound.  What wonderful news and I'm sure that she's loving being spoiled by her grandparents until you arrive.  I'll be very curious to hear the details of her trip when you have time.  I'm sure that you are really looking forward to your reunion with her next week (and I hope that someone will be taking pics as I'm sure that it will be a very happy reunion!).  I'm so happy that her trip went well!!
Marie

And my pups:

Nicole

Re: The journey starts tomorrow *UPDATE 1*
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 04:05:38 am »
WOW! I must have missed the original story...so, you and your dog moved from Finland to Toronto? WOW! What are the circumstances that brought you both there?

I can't wait to meet you both at Woofstock!

Offline TomB

• Gnawer
  • Meisi The Landseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 01:50:05 pm »
WOW! I must have missed the original story...so, you and your dog moved from Finland to Toronto? WOW! What are the circumstances that brought you both there?

I can't wait to meet you both at Woofstock!
I came to Finland from Canada 4 years ago to work. After one and a half years in Finland I got Meisi when she was only 7 weeks old. Yes, she is a Finnish dog. So I had her for 2.5 years here in Finland, and there was NO WAY that I would ever leave her behind or give her up.

I'm also looking forward to the meeting at Woofstock! I have no idea how I'm ever going to recognize anyone. But surely, you could easily recognize Meisi. She'll probably be the only Landseer there.

Nicole

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 08:22:51 pm »
We can post our pictures and also we can agree to wear something that will identify us! Also, Liz can come up with a spot and a time that we'll all meet.

Ok...here's me:

Me and Cabeza:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 08:25:58 pm by Nicole »

Offline TomB

• Gnawer
  • Meisi The Landseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 09:12:57 pm »
We can post our pictures and also we can agree to wear something that will identify us! Also, Liz can come up with a spot and a time that we'll all meet.

Sounds good to me. I'm posting my pics on the "Woofstock, toronto meet-up?" topic. Hope others will also post their pics.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 09:26:22 pm by TomB »

Offline TomB

• Gnawer
  • Meisi The Landseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2007, 10:33:04 pm »
It has been a long time since I wrote the first update. Now Meisi and I are reunited in Canada (Mississauga). When she first saw me when I came home she seemed to be a bit confused at first. I guess she just couldn't figure out where did I come from. But then she realized who I was and was extremely exited. Here are a few pics of the reunion.

The first meeting

Hugs and kisses

Happiness and joy

Couple weeks later at water rescue workshop in Alliston ON.

Looking at TO from Jack Darling park

I also promised that I'll write about all the necessary information for sending a dog from Europe to Canada and I will write all the details that I had to take care off in a separate post (including pics of the custom kennel).
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 10:35:16 pm by TomB »

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: The journey starts tomorrow ***UPDATE 2***
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 01:27:24 pm »
I'm so glad to see that everything worked out and what really sweet reunion pics!  ;D  I'd just posted a week or so ago wondering how you and Meisi were doing.  What happy news!
Marie

And my pups: