Author Topic: Joker came home.  (Read 7802 times)

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Joker came home.
« on: May 20, 2007, 04:06:52 am »
Well, It was a long drive through thrilling country side villages. Joker came home with us. DH kept asking me if I was sure. Actually he only asked me once and I said it is your dog. lol He needed a bath desperately. The breeder has his dogs and Joker out in a Barn that he uses as a kennel. Also with the fact that is was a barn and it was the country it smelled and the flies! OMG they were everywhere. I love the country but I would love it even more without the flies. We had to stop and get a brush and a pooper scooper. He is a nicew well mannered pup. We have to do a lot of work with him though. He likes to jump a little. He is underweight. He also doesn't want to eat much even with being hand fed. We are trying to get into the Vet ASAP. DH even called the 24hr vet a few towns over. He looks so much better after his bath. The kids love him. Right now he is laying on his new blanket all stretched out. Oh and BOY DOES HE HAVE GAS!!! I hope to get him in asap and back up to par. DH even said he never had it so good as with us. LOL We don't even know the family he was rescued from! Joker and Titan get along great and as expected. Titan tried to be top dog but they were running through the field and playing together. Thanks you all for replying to my other messages this week. Danielle
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Joker came home.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 04:40:53 am »
Yayyyyyy!!  I'm so glad that you have him.  I'm sure that with better food & care that the gas problem will improve.  He is very cute and I love his pretty white feet.  Congratulation s!!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 04:59:48 am »
He whacked the end of his tail and made it bleed and DH being the Man he is taped it up so if he whacked it again it wouldn't be bleeding everywhere. He tried white gauze but that didn't work so he used that brown medical tape.
Danielle

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 08:33:03 am »
Congrats on your new boy.  He's a cutie and I love his name.  I also can't wait to hear the stories when he starts living up to his name.   ;)  Welcome to the board, by the way.

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 05:39:40 pm »
Well I can't get him in today so he will go in tomorrow. I don't think I can really get anything better for him than Royal Canin. We made it through the first night so that is good. He did finally eat most of his food this morning.
Danielle

Anakalia

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 09:54:12 pm »
Congrats on your new furbaby!  He's sooo cute! 

Offline newfiesx3

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 03:02:52 am »
He has the sweetest face. He sure looks like a big gentle love. I can't believe they had him in a stinky barn! Shame on them :(. He is so lucky to have you. Everyone is right about the gas. It should clear up quick with a good food. If you live anywhere near Hiedelberg, they have a vet tech with a Dane named Beaux at PHV. His mom's real sweety.
My heart,soul...house,car,bed,kitchen,....wallet all belong to three beautiful Newfs. I wouldn't have it any other way. Hmm..we could have 4 or 5,6....

Elvis-3yr male (#1 lovey)
Stitch-2yr male (Elvis's baby bro & WILD child)
Audrey-10mo female Landseer (wanted a Hepburn, ended up with a LILO!)

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 04:20:21 am »
Heidelberg is near my husbands home town but we are not near there, about 2 hours away. The vet says not to try and "fatten" him up but to let him gradually build it back up. If he won't stop whacking his tail bloody they may have to do surgery. I don't want that to happen. Poor thing has been through enough. Right now he is sleeping by my side. He is now up to date on all his shots. Funny how hubby forgot to get them yesterday!
Danielle

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 07:23:14 am »
Congratulation s and thank you for saving that sweet old boy. I too have rescued some danes that were in pretty pitiful shape- but now-about 8 mos later, they are doing great, gaining weight and being happy well adjusted goofs.I really didnt have any intentions of keeping them- just getting them out of the kill shelter, but a being way more powerful than myself ( or husband for that matter) has decided that they are where they need to be, also there is not much of a market for an old dane. So hopefully they are here to stay for how ever long that turns out to be. Danes have a wonderful soul and personally I am thrilled to death to have 3 of them in my life.