Author Topic: Barkley - one year later  (Read 5591 times)

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
Barkley - one year later
« on: May 21, 2007, 10:37:42 pm »
I'm a few days late, but it was just one year ago that Barkley left us.  Today is our wedding anniversary, and it was the 19th of May that we helped him cross the bridge.  I was just rereading the post that I made that evening after he left, and what a mistake that was!  Never read stuff like that at work!

We still miss him...every single day.  Each of our buddies has their own distinct personality, and make a mark in your heart that no other dog will ever come close to filling.

Barkley was an amazing friend.  I'm picturing him up there today, running and drooling, pain free, and waiting for us.
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Icerotti

Re: Barkley - one year later
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 11:01:56 pm »
They really touch us deep don't they. Barkley is running and pain free just waiting until it is time to meet again.  Thinking of Barkley today.

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 05:11:55 am »
I can't believe it's been a year already  :'( I remember that day , the 19th is also my son's birthday . It was funny to be thinking of Barkley as my son blew his birthday candles out on his chocolate cake , but then I remembered .... Didn't you give Barkley chocolate cake before you let him go ? I thought it was you anyways .
What I'll always remember about Barkley , was how you said when you first adopted him you took him out to your car and had opened your trunk to put something in there and Barkley jumped right in the trunk ! LOL Silly boy !  :-* *hugs*
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 08:08:28 am »
Ahhh....it's nice to know you all remember him!  You folks and this board was such an amazing support to both Doug and I during that time.  I have saved the entire thread from that day.

It wasn't chocolate cake, but we did give him cookies!  Our youngest fed him a bunch of cookies (or tried to...he had no appetite that last day).  He sure went out loved up in style though!

Thanks for remembering with me!
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 08:32:12 am »
pain free, it does make it worth it to know that he isnt hurting though huh. i never saw barkley, but i can tell he means alot to you. lucky dog to belong to some one who loved him so much, bet he had a very good happy life.  :)
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 08:35:02 am »
wow!! i cannot believe that it's been a year already!!!  you know, you made such a beautiful life for barkley! there is no doubt in my mind that he isn't waiting up there for you guys!  i only knew of barkley for a short period of time, but he will forever be in my hearT!!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 08:55:46 am »
I wasn't on BPO yet when you lost Barkley, but I was lurking by the time that you brought Anna Banana home.  I remember reading about how much you loved Barkley and still missed him, though you loved your new Anna.  We'd recently lost Halley, so it made me feel good to know that there are people here that love their dogs like we do.  I know that you'll never stop loving & missing Barkley and that he will be waiting for you on the rainbow bridge with an enormous smile!  
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees