Author Topic: FW:How does your dog food rate? Easy scoring guidelines.  (Read 4023 times)

Offline sc.trojans

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Gracie and Skylar
    • View Profile
    • Natural K9
Re: FW:How does your dog food rate? Easy scoring guidelines.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 12:24:58 pm »

I think all of the criteria outlined in this is great and good guidance for people.  But I am not sure what the basis for the point allocation is and presume it is the subjective view of the poster....

As a result, the final results are a bit baffling based on what I know about the quality of ingredients and production of the food.  That Eukanuba only gets a "C" and Nutro receives a good grade is suspect.

I do agree that somehow the results show Nature's Variety Raw Instincts as the top dry kibble - this is true.
SC Trojans
with Gracie and Skylar

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 01:03:30 pm »
Fredalina must be proud.  :)  She is a friend off another list(GDR) that actually devised this system.  She did it for newbies looking into how to grade a food's quality compared to other's in a general way.  I find it amazing that it is now plastered all over the world wide web.  WTG Fred!
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 07:03:57 am »
I have seen this before and love it!
Joker is on Royal Canin Large breed adult... I don't think we can get anything better around here.

I think too we need to take in consideration our breeds. Some need more protein and others need less. Definitely my Yorkie doesn't need what my Dane needs.
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08