Author Topic: Chase is growing up to be a sweet boy now  (Read 5835 times)

Offline Smaug

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Chase is growing up to be a sweet boy now
« on: May 26, 2007, 11:43:59 am »
Sorry I haven't been able to post in a while; life is just crazy and going too fast and never seems to slow down.  I hope everyone enjoys the pictures.  Chase is growing up to be the best boy and I cannot express my joy he brings to our son and our family.  I think Saints are the best doggies in the world and hope many more families can experience the fun and joys we have in our family.  If anyone knows the secret to getting him out of his stubborn stage it would be appreciated.  He seems like a typical teenager, or at least like I was when I was a teenager, I know best and you are there just to offer advice.  If I want to sit here while you are telling me to go outside, I will just sit there until I am ready.  Ohhhhhh, what to do with a stubborn doggie?????  It would probably help if he didn't have that look, you know, the blank stare like he doesn't understand but you know darn well he does.  Anyway, hope everyone enjoys the pictures.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Chase is growing up to be a sweet boy now
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 11:54:52 am »
Wow, he is such a big, handsome boy!  There's lots of Saint's on the board, so I'm sure that some of their people will have breed specific suggestions for you.  My best advice for the "teen" period is to continue with your obedience training and hang in there, like human kids they all grow out of it eventually.  BTW, all of the pics are great but I love the one of Chase with your son.  Adorable!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Smaug

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 12:35:20 pm »
Thank you for the kind words and support as Chase and our family go through this adolescent stage.  He will mind, after many commands, the same commands mind you, like "outside" repeated over and over and over again....
That is o.k. though because he does indeed eventually go outside.  I guess persistence is a good lesson, and since my son is eight now, I should learn as Chase and our family go through this adolescent stage.  He will mind, after many commands, the same commands mind you, like "outside" repeated over and over and over again....
That is o.k. though because he does indeed eventually go outside.  I guess persistence is a good lesson, and since my son is eight now, I should learn patience and apply these teachings to all things in life.  Easier said than done when you are the instructor I guess.........   
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 12:52:44 pm by Smaug »

Offline RacheH

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 02:52:43 pm »
Hey!! Absolutely LOVE the pix of Chase! But gosh he's so big now i can't imagine how big he'll be LATER!! :) I'm not familiar with Saints, my family have been more of German Shep owners, but we've recently adopted a Newfoundland, and he's also quite stubborn. However, i'm doing some pretty intensive obedience training and he normally knows when he can get away with something and when he can't :)) I decided to take a short course with a certified trainer, since, as your Chase, my Beau will also grow into quite a big dog, and i wouldn't want him getting stubborn when i take him for his walkies so that HE doesn't end up walking ME! :)

Gorgeous boy you have there...! :)
"There is no such thing as a Bad Dog..."

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 12:54:42 pm »
he is a hansome guy! i love his face, bet the puppy eyes kill you huh? just keep being more stubborn than he is! he'll figure it out, max has been going through a stubborn streak since we got our new pup. nice pics!
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 10:43:00 pm »
I missed this post! 

Chase has grown up to be SOOOO handsome!!!!!!  How old is he now?

I know a bit about stubborn saints!  LOL!  Teddy thinks that if he's not looking at you, he doesn't have to do what you say.  What a dog!  But we love 'em anyway!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 12:31:13 am »
He's gorgeous and he does look incredibly stubborn lol. I'm starting to go through it with mine at 5 mos old. I know it's only going to get worse. :-X

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 12:55:13 am »
What a sweetie!  I remember him so little.  but he's still got that adorable ring of black around his mouth.  he is so cute.