Author Topic: questions about dogfood.  (Read 3112 times)

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
questions about dogfood.
« on: May 28, 2007, 10:50:45 pm »
I have fed Nutro Lrg. breed and senior L.B. for years. (I actually did dogfood demos for them for awhile). After comparing labels I switched over to a food at Wlamart...NO it wasn't Ol roy (BLECK!) anyway they have a food called Maxium Nutrition there (almost the exact same contents as nutro max) no by-products no corn, naturally preserved etc.The dogs coats looks great and their poo looks like it should. My female Dane has had a few health issues lately and I was checking into holistic foods for her. I decided to put Tisha on a newer food ( I guess)called Canine Caviar. It was actually created by someone that had a Dane with food allergies and they got sick of trying to find a food for their dog. The say their dane lived to be 17 years old. The food smells great, looks good, it is nice and crunchy for their teeth, plus the ingredients are great. It has antioxidents, omega 3 &6, no corn, wheat or soy. and it is holistic. I am using their special needs blend which says it is for senior and overweight dogs. Has anyone else used this and if so what do you think? I also found coupons on their site. LOL
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Re: questions about dogfood.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 12:33:18 am »
After going through allergy issues with my Lab I have gone to Raw food for her. It is not costing me anymore to feed her raw than kibble. He allergies are almost gone and she poops way less! Typically allergies in dogs come from grain in the food.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 03:16:35 am »
I do add some raw food to her dry several times a week and have for a few years now. Usually angus steak, she has no skin issues, just a few old age issues. i don't know about the claim of a 17 year old dane..you would think they would get a lot of grief if it is bogus since they put it on their bag. Holly...what do you feed your Dane?
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 05:10:04 am »
MIne is more of a treat too. She gets 4-5 "chunks" of steak several times a week. I've been doing it for years, we haven't ever had any direah or any other noticible digestion issues. 
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 05:12:21 am »
where do you get evo from? Do you order it and have it delivered? We live in the stix. LOL I have to have all my specialty bird foods shipped here.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007