Author Topic: hahaha...now Peyton is a solid (big) chunk-a-butt  (Read 3389 times)

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
hahaha...now Peyton is a solid (big) chunk-a-butt
« on: June 05, 2007, 05:26:28 am »
So we up-ed our serving to the 2.25-ish cups each meal (2 x a day) and she has put on about 5 lbs. already! her tummy is so big now! you can still see the ribs but that seems to be "normal". she is just a chunk-a-butt now! it's so cute to watch her wiggle when we pet her and her tail wags faster than she can allow it to move!

thanks guys for all your help!
Your house isn't a home until you have made a bed for a dog.

mama23+pyrs2

Re: hahaha...now Peyton is a solid (big) chunk-a-butt
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 07:14:23 am »
Yay Peyton! Mine have been eating 2x a day since 8 weeks old. I posted on here about adding in another meal but I couldn't find the 'right' time to do it. They are on such a schedule and don't seem 'starving' at mealtimes, so I just increased the amount they eat per meal and it seems to be fine. They are gaining on a very consistent basis and the male stays ahead of the female by 10 lbs consistently. They are SOLID puppers! I'm now giving Yukon 3 cups per meal and Yiska 2, since she always leaves food in her bowl and he eats every last piece! They are 5 months now.

I agree, pics please please! :)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 07:15:01 am by mama2many »

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 09:04:48 pm »
hehe...they are still in the world of "pics to be taken". i got the hint...very subtle guys!...hold on...hehe!

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 09:09:41 pm »
oh...and...i am not wanting her to gain weight, i just want her to be healthy...if that means she gains 20 lbs extra but she is STILL HEALTHY...i am all for it!

so even though the vet said that she CAN eat only 2 x daily, it's still okay to be feeding her 3 x daily? i am able to do this still (not working a fulltime job ya know  :-\ ), but i am sorta worried that on the days that i do work past noon she will be "starving" when i do get home. should i keep her on the 2 x daily or should i switch it to 3 x and just up it when i know i will be working past noon?

i know everyone will say it's my choice, but...i need some opionions to base my dicission on! hehe!

pics are coming soon! and i have a whole other topic to discuss in the upcoming ones too!  ;D

Nicole

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 09:50:01 pm »
I agree with Jenn! During the week, Cabeza gets fed at around 6:30. Sometimes he sniffs his food and leaves it until about 7. On the weekends, ain't nobody (including the cats) getting fed before around 9. Nobody complains. hahha!

Cabeza sometimes gets a second meal around noon, and sometimes not. His last meal is usually around 6 or so. Its VERY unscheduled. He seems fine with whatever. I realize he's not a growing pup or anything, but you know, you just have to go with the flow and don't worry about it!