Author Topic: new food for pey-t-pie!  (Read 8742 times)

Lyn

Re: new food for pey-t-pie!
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 10:11:08 pm »
I agree with Jenn, 23%/12% is fine. If I remember correctly the max recommended for growing large/giant breeds is 24%/14%.

Bubba is currently on Orijen which is a grain-free food. The higher protein/fat content is helping him put and keep weight on. But he's not a puppy.. he's 28 months old now.

He loved the Eagle Pack.. it just didn't work for him. But Lola did fine on it. We never did figure out what Bubba's issue was. But he still seems to burn calories like no tomorrow. I wish I had his metabolism. LOL

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 12:14:55 am »
I think if you want, try it. Gweck did well on Eagle Pack but Beans didn't. Just don't get like 2 big bags in case it doesn't work! haha!

Haha! No, that would be a mistake! But...that is what my neighbors did with Purina Beneful...they have a chow/shepard mix and a boxer/lab mix and I forget who it was but one of them did not like it AT ALL! And they JUST got 2-40 lb. bag for the price of one and because of that...they couldn't return it because they pretty much didn't pay for the one bag! I was chuckling! Nah, for now, I am gonna get the 13 lb. bag of Eagle Pack Holistic Select Large & Giant Breed Puppy Formula tomorrow (PAYDAY!) for $20 something. It should last me til next payday. And we will see how Peyton likes it. I let her have a couple of nuggets of the samples as "treats" and she seemed to like it. So we will see. I will keep ya'll posted!
Your house isn't a home until you have made a bed for a dog.

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2007, 01:02:20 am »
We just switched fumble's food, i looked at eagle pack but i think all of them had either egg or chicken in them and he's allergic to both.  We just started on the Natural balance duck and potato formula, fumble LOVES the new food!!!  i've never seen him run to the dish as quick as he has!  well not really running, but hobbling ;) 
I have heard great things about Eagle pack though! good luck!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!