Author Topic: Dog Fighting....please read this...  (Read 5819 times)

Offline RacheH

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Dog Fighting....please read this...
« on: June 07, 2007, 07:19:57 pm »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19028969/site/newsweek/

Check out this site, isn't there anything more that people can do to stop this kind of thing from happening??? I hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate i HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT!
"There is no such thing as a Bad Dog..."

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Dog Fighting....please read this...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 08:39:27 am »
Its eye opening, isn't it?
I don't think it will ever go away, there are always going to be those losers who will continue to dog fight.  All we can do is try to stop one fight at a time and hope it makes a difference.

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 03:43:56 pm »
I may have to change my football team, can't back a quarterback who does that.

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 03:49:32 pm »
Most people scatter when the subject of dog fighting or BSL comes up, cuz they know it gets me steamed! If i could stop one thing in this world, it would be the mistreatment of animals (sorry starving children) more specifically fighting dogs. I HATE it! It makes me sick to think these people could treat a living being tghat way, but it gives me satisfaction that someday justice will be served.
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Sammie- Newfoundland/Border Collie mix
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Stinky- Silver Marten rabbit
Ruby, Mambo and Charlotte- Rats
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Bailey the Wolf-Dog 1998-2007
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 10:40:05 pm »
I can't read it... I have had my fill of these stories. Dogs, Cocks, Horses, Bulls, the list isn't long but it is enough if there is just one animal on the list. No animal should be pitted and made to fight.
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 04:23:14 am »
I too am saddened by this. At what point does a human lose compassion for other living beings? Or did these people just never have any to begin with? I hope that Vick pays fot his participation in more ways than one- he is not a good person.

Offline RacheH

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 08:34:35 pm »
hey People,

Thanks for all the comments, it really gives me hope that there are still good people out there in the world, but as you all have said i just cannot see HOW  on earth people would want to see 2 animals fight to the brink of exhaustion if not death? I'll tell you one thing i have no squalms whatsoever watching boxers or men go at it, because they are making a CONSCIOUS choice... but to do that to an animal.. to keep them under such poor conditions, even refusing them the right of seeing a real vet... that's horrible. And as for the footballer Vick, he DEFINITELY isn't going to Heaven.I mean for cryin' out loud he's already making sh*tloads of money, why this? Why? Oh and and i agree about the "sorry starving kids" comment, because i feel the same way. Animals can't ask for food, they can't say where they hurt or why... all they want is to be loved and cared for and played with...It makes me angry and depressed when i read things like this, and it makes me even more depressed and angry when you realise that the people who are supporting this have kids... and they will have kids... and they will have kids... The only thing that i can hope for is that these kids that they have turn out a h*ll-of-a-lot smarter than their parents! Amen! :)
"There is no such thing as a Bad Dog..."