Author Topic: Stupid 'owners' who don't take care of their dogs...(long)  (Read 6438 times)

Offline happiday

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All I ever do is SMILE!
    • View Profile
Stupid 'owners' who don't take care of their dogs...(long)
« on: April 25, 2007, 08:33:12 pm »
I got home from work today after a stressful day, and wouldn't you know it, more stress was waiting for me just over my backyard fence. 
There's a 6mo. male pit bull puppy in the neighbor's back yard.  It belongs to the (ex?)boyfriend. 
I heard this pup crying at her back door this past weekend and found that he had NO food for I don't know how long (several days since the BF was kicked out), and NO water available. No one was home. So, I took him a big scoop of food and found a bucket for water.  He was so happy to eat!  That was 4 days ago, and today the water bucket was filled with yard clean up, the food bowl was overturned, and I realized the last time he ate was when I fed him.  I am SOOOOO angry it makes me sick to my stomach!  He's sweet tempered and craves attention, but the last pit that lived over there killed my daughter's cat. My neighbor's not at all interested in the dogs in her yard.   I am not anti-pitbull.  I AM anti-stupid-macho-male-pitbull-owner who thinks it's cool to put the biggest chain possible around their dog's neck and parade around town with it, and let it get into fights with other dogs just to prove his 'manhood'. Then when the dog's not being 'shown', it's neglected or worse, to make it mean.  There's a lot of that going on in our area.  It's a gang status thing. 
I called animal control.  I really despise irresponsible dog owners.  Thanks for letting me rant. 
Salli, Annie's mama!

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Stupid 'owners' who don't take care of their dogs...(long)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 08:54:19 pm »
I am glad you fed him and called animal control and fed him. You did the right thing
RIP former BPO

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 08:57:23 pm »
Thankfully, there are people like you, who will help and spare a bit of food for a starving pup. I would be so heart broken. and i too think you did the right thing. keep us updated on how he does... if AC takes him, or whatnot...

Jodi
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 09:19:07 pm »
oh man that poor pup! I am glad you fed him, hopefully animal control will do something! Keep us posted!
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

Offline Mojo1269

• Big Paw Certified
  • The Men
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 02:11:49 am »
Kudos to you for taking action.
Duke 5 Year Old Menacing Hound
Butler 1 Year Old Burgeoning Monster

VooDoo the Greatest Dane. 09-14-1995 - 12-31-2007 RIP my sweet

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 03:39:10 am »
unfortunately a lot of bad people do own pit bulls.  also, unfortunately the good people who have them are stereotyped, too!  our neighborhood had an elderly couple who were in their 60s or so have two pit bulls, and the neighborhood complained b/c the way they sounded when they played (literally, i guess if you haven't heard them it sounds like fighting ???).  the couple ended up having to give their dogs away (senior dogs) and moved to florida b/c they were so mad.  it's so sad to see a poor puppy abused though.  i sure hope someone helps him get out of there!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

chaosndestruction

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 04:14:09 am »
unfortunately a lot of bad people do own pit bulls.  also, unfortunately the good people who have them are stereotyped, too!  our neighborhood had an elderly couple who were in their 60s or so have two pit bulls, and the neighborhood complained b/c the way they sounded when they played (literally, i guess if you haven't heard them it sounds like fighting ???).  the couple ended up having to give their dogs away (senior dogs) and moved to florida b/c they were so mad.  it's so sad to see a poor puppy abused though.  i sure hope someone helps him get out of there!

I know what you mean about dogs that sound like they're fighting while they play! Tikaani sounds like he's tearing other dogs apart when he plays! That sucks:(

poor puppy...I hope you can help get him out of that situation:(

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 05:25:28 am »
Poor puppy!  I hope AC steps in and rescues him.  Thankfully, that puppy has you keeping an eye on him.
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline Bernertomboi

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 12:51:58 pm »
This just breaks my heart.  People wonder why these good dogs are given a bad stereotype; it's because of people like this guy who doesn't care about his dog it is all about an image!  Thank you for feeding the little man and getting him (hopefully) out of the home, without kind people there would be more abused dogs that had no hope.

*I am working towards becoming an animal control officer so this hits a special place in my heart...I truly do thank you for helping him.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 02:55:09 pm »

*I am working towards becoming an animal control officer so this hits a special place in my heart...I truly do thank you for helping him.

I'm so glad to see people that really love animals in these lines of work.  Our Sammy wouldn't be alive today if an AC officer hadn't pulled him from his previous "home" (more like torture chamber) where he'd been neglected & starved almost to death & abused.  He's been with us for 2 1/2 months and we love him so much.  We cannot imagine how anyone could've done this to him or how anyone visiting  could have ignored this abuse.  Thank God (literally) for that particular AC officer and who ever tipped him or her off that Sammy needed help.  I hope that you will be able to help many of the other "Sammy's" that are out there!  :-*
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 10:47:53 pm »
This breaks my heart and makes me so angry!
Thanks for taking care of that poor puppy. Hopefully AC will step in and remove him from that prison.

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007, 03:34:54 am »
I hope AC comes and saves that puppy from what appears to be a sad way of life.  I don't understand people either. How could you ever do that to a living thing? I'm glad you were there for him.
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Offline KJUNMAMI

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Justice baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 09:54:06 pm »
I got home from work today after a stressful day, and wouldn't you know it, more stress was waiting for me just over my backyard fence. 
There's a 6mo. male pit bull puppy in the neighbor's back yard.  It belongs to the (ex?)boyfriend. 
I heard this pup crying at her back door this past weekend and found that he had NO food for I don't know how long (several days since the BF was kicked out), and NO water available. No one was home. So, I took him a big scoop of food and found a bucket for water.  He was so happy to eat!  That was 4 days ago, and today the water bucket was filled with yard clean up, the food bowl was overturned, and I realized the last time he ate was when I fed him.  I am SOOOOO angry it makes me sick to my stomach!  He's sweet tempered and craves attention, but the last pit that lived over there killed my daughter's cat. My neighbor's not at all interested in the dogs in her yard.   I am not anti-pitbull.  I AM anti-stupid-macho-male-pitbull-owner who thinks it's cool to put the biggest chain possible around their dog's neck and parade around town with it, and let it get into fights with other dogs just to prove his 'manhood'. Then when the dog's not being 'shown', it's neglected or worse, to make it mean.  There's a lot of that going on in our area.  It's a gang status thing. 
I called animal control.  I really despise irresponsible dog owners.  Thanks for letting me rant. 

I am so glad you fed him and called animal control. You probably saved his life. This is the reason people hate the breed because of the irresposible owners.  :'(
Mommy to
one baby girl 1 yr and one boy 3 yrs
pitbull Justice-70 lbs. @ 10 mos.
2 kitties Thelma and Louise 1 year.