Author Topic: Aging Grey...  (Read 12551 times)

Nicole

Re: Aging Grey...
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2007, 12:19:05 pm »
So, I just adopted an 11 year old girl. We've only had a few weeks together but I'm still worried, worried, worried! She's healthy as a horse and gets along as well as any young dog, but dang. I'm a total dork. I worry constantly! She's so beautiful and sweet and we're all absolutely smitten.

I know how you feel. Its just such a special love.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Aging Grey...
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2007, 01:52:43 pm »
Another Niko update - all his bloodwork came back normal except thyroid. So, it's all good news, really, He'll have to take an inexpensive thyroid pill every day for the rest of his life, and that will help him gain some weight back and get some spunk back. It's nothing that affects his quality of life, though, and all his major organs and systems are functioning just right! We are very relieved. The one wierd thing is that there was nothing in the blood work that offers any clues as to why he had a stroke a month or so ago. But, normal is normal, so I'm not going to argue! Thanks for your support! I have pix of him to post, but I still need to format them so they are small enough to fit on here.

I'm really happy for you and Niko that it's so treatable.  Thanks for passing on your great news!   ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees