Author Topic: Hello, I'm new to this  (Read 3105 times)

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
Hello, I'm new to this
« on: June 22, 2007, 11:05:21 am »
Hello, let me introduce myself......I'm the owner of 3 Great Pyrenees and very proud of it. I'm not sure how to get around this site but what I have read so far is great. I love it that there are other people out there that have the same interests and love for the giant breed. MY dogs are Annie (5 yrs old) Merri ( 2 years old) and Tripper (14 weeks old). I have questions about puppy food (bad poop) and (weight) The pup doesn't weigh enough.And ??? I'm not sure how to go about posting and where to ask? Can anyone out there give me a hand?

chaosndestruction

Re: Hello, I'm new to this
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 11:34:07 am »
Welcome to the board! I'm Bri proud owner of a dorky Husky mix, Keela.

Here's a link to a topic in food that should help a LOT when it comes to choosing a good food!

http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,9742.0.html

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 12:21:07 pm »
Well, now don't I feel silly.  ::)  All I had to do was look a little further and here's your intro.  Sorry! 

We are feeding our dogs Innova & Natural Balance Duck & Potato.  Daisy (Golden X) has been eating NB D&P for the last year or so due to digestive problems.  We're very, very slowly transitioning her to Innova and so far, so good.  Cass & Sam (Pyr+? and Pyr) are on Innova.  There are a lot of good foods out there, but there are also a lot of foods with tons of fillers that aren't good for the dogs and cause them to have big poops.  The food discussion thread that was mentioned should really help you to figure it all out.  You'll find that everyone here is very friendly, helpful and happy to help if you have any questions.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 09:41:50 pm »
Welcome to the board.  I'm Kat and my kiddoes are listed below. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 02:08:42 am »
I just wanted to say welcome to the board too. I have 2 Pyrs too, they are 6 months old now. I hope you get some answers to your questions about your pup! If he is eating a real high quality food he should fill out in no time I would think. When I got mine they were rather boney and it took a bit and a couple of food changes for them to start filling out, but they did and now they wont stop!  :P