Author Topic: Koji's first vet visit - umbilical hernia  (Read 11293 times)

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
Koji's first vet visit - umbilical hernia
« on: June 25, 2007, 01:27:39 am »
Koji went today for his second set of shots. He was perfectly healthy (yeah!  ;D ) but apparently he'll need to have his herniated belly button thingy closed up. I guess this is not too uncommon and is a pretty simple surgery, but I haven't run into it before. Have you guys?
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

lins_saving_grace

Re: Koji's first vet visit - umbilical hernia
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 02:35:09 am »
Grace HAS one.  She came from the breeder with one that could be tied up when i got her fixed.  When the time came to do that i forgot to tell the vet about it and the vet told me it was so small she didn't notice it while she was in there doing the surgory. and now Grace has what the vet calls an "outtie"!  :) 

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 02:37:21 am »
Thorn Had one as a pup, it closed itself and went away though. My IW pup has one too. it is a pretty good sized lump on her belly, but the vet felt it and said it is closed, it is just "cosmetic" he said if I get her spayed, he can correct it then.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 02:38:30 am by zchic »
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

k2campbell

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 02:57:50 am »
Kate had one, it was an easy fix when she was spayed, no problem what-so-ever  ;)

k2campbell

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 03:16:47 am »
ps: not to highjack the thread... but Kelly shouldn't you be having a baby?!?!?!   ;)

Ha ha ha - YES, I should be!!! I'm due today, go see the doc tomorrow to find out when I'll be induced (unless the little one decides to come by then)... ;)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 03:47:00 am »
One of my Boston Terriers had one and the vet fixed it when she was spayed.  It was no big deal really. 

Highjacking the thread for a minute:  Kelly, I have a friend that swears by making homemade soup and going either motorcycle riding or horseback riding to get the baby to come out.  Not sure how it works but apparently it worked with both her kids. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

k2campbell

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 04:32:13 am »
Highjacking the thread for a minute:  Kelly, I have a friend that swears by making homemade soup and going either motorcycle riding or horseback riding to get the baby to come out.  Not sure how it works but apparently it worked with both her kids. 
Hmmmmmmmm...well I'd never get on a motorbike (Eric's cousin was killed on one, I'm too chicken) and I sold my horse back in March seeing as we were having a little one...BUT I have heard driving down a long, bumpy gravel road can help. So tonight I think I'll convince Eric to take me 4 X 4'ing!!! :D :D :D

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 06:12:25 am »
Going along with the hijacking of my own thread - Kelly, there is actually medical evidence supporting the fact that, um, "being intimate", can start labor. There's a hormone in your hubby's, er, you know, that can start your cervix contracting. Plus, if you have a, uh, you know, an, uh, "big O", that can help. And yes, I know that that is the absolute last thing you feel like doing right now.
 So what do ya think, ya'll - TMI?????
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Kai - Aussie/Dobie

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 06:14:22 am »
Oh, and P.S. I've heard spicy food can help. But you have to eat it. Not, you know, anything like what I was saying before. I'm gonna shut up now.
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Kai - Aussie/Dobie

k2campbell

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 07:05:48 am »
Going along with the hijacking of my own thread - Kelly, there is actually medical evidence supporting the fact that, um, "being intimate", can start labor. There's a hormone in your hubby's, er, you know, that can start your cervix contracting. Plus, if you have a, uh, you know, an, uh, "big O", that can help. And yes, I know that that is the absolute last thing you feel like doing right now.

Ha ha ha ha - you're a riot Ali! I love it!!! :D :D :D

Actually, believe it or not we have gone that route every other day or so. As uncomfortable as it is, I'm willing to try if it will help! AND, really - when I think about it, Eric is happy when this occurs, and he's been so incredibly good to me throughout my entire pregnancy, he deserves it!!! ;) ;) ;)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 07:27:34 am »

Ha ha ha ha - you're a riot Ali! I love it!!! :D :D :D

Actually, believe it or not we have gone that route every other day or so. As uncomfortable as it is, I'm willing to try if it will help! AND, really - when I think about it, Eric is happy when this occurs, and he's been so incredibly good to me throughout my entire pregnancy, he deserves it!!! ;) ;) ;)
you're going to scare the baby!!!!!!!

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 08:41:29 am »
Yeah, he's gonna come out and start poking his dad on the top of the head and say "how do you like it, huh? how's it feel?"
LOL!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Kai - Aussie/Dobie

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 09:13:45 am »
Yeah, he's gonna come out and start poking his dad on the top of the head and say "how do you like it, huh? how's it feel?"
LOL!
LOL!!!!!!!  aaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaahhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhahahah ahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!
Snort Snort