Author Topic: my chubby dog snatches puppy food  (Read 2405 times)

Offline contammified

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
my chubby dog snatches puppy food
« on: July 18, 2005, 07:29:41 pm »
I have a rott/shepard mix 3 years named Swishy pooh.  I also have a 7 month old puppy Dejah-My problem Swish eats the puppy food and Deja eats regular or weight control food.  Any suggestions. 

Offline contammified

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: my chubby dog snatches puppy food
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 07:37:46 pm »
To add my swishy is a little hefty to begin with.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 07:40:16 pm »
I would feed them seperately. I would either feed them at the same time on opposite sides of the room, or one after the other and keep the theif out of the room when the puppy is eating. That way there is no chance to steal.
RIP former BPO

Offline Lorena

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 09:41:20 pm »
I have 2 rotties and I feed Sasha in the kitchen, and Gordo now gets his food on a separate room, usully on a corner in the living room so each of them can finish their food at their our privacy and they cannot steal food from each other. Also I remove their bowls once they finished so they can't go and try to steal something at the end too. Try this for a couple of weeks until they get the habit at feeding time. Good Luck.. ;)

~Lorena~

Icerotti

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 06:18:57 am »
I have the  same problem right now too. Our puppy like to eat our senior dog food and Puck loves the puppy food. We feed in seperate areas. Puck gets fed down stairs in the laundry room. Only problem he will not eat all his food at once. So we have to let him in there a few times a day to finish his meals.
The puppy gets fed upstairs in the kitchen.
Along with teaching them to stay out of each others food dish.
Good Luck.