Author Topic: I need BPO help!!  (Read 3677 times)

BabsT

I need BPO help!!
« on: July 20, 2005, 11:06:29 am »
I got a call out of the blue today from a woman who is fostering a female Neo and wondering if i would be interested in adopting her

she was originally found wandering behind a vets office and no one claimed her. A woman adopted her and all went well until her work changed her schedule and she now has to travel 4 days a week and she is single.

Honestly, this dogs seems perfect...100% housebroken, rides great in car, good with children, male dogs and cats. she is an all around mellow dog

She is already spayed and fully grown 20 months old

My husband and i plan on getting another dog (female) for our family and so zero could have a friend. I have always loved Neo's but my husband isnt too fond of them but likes BIG dogs

Any way of convincing him to at least have her come for a home visit and go from there?

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: I need BPO help!!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 11:15:13 am »
How could he resist that sweet girl? Heck, I've never been a great fan of Neopolitan Mastiffs either but I don't think I could turn down that dog! She would make a great companion for your Zero! He needs to at least meet her and give her a chance.
 :D

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 11:27:48 am »
A visit seems like a perfect idea, once he meets her and sees how well she gets along with Zero, how can he resist?? ANd if he forms a bond with her then it will be even harder for him to let her go, that's how my hubby got me to say yes to getting Dilbert, and he is just the best dog ever and Harley is a completly different dog now that he is around, she is soo happy that she has a play mate ;D

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Nicole

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 11:31:40 am »
And, Babs, if your husband still says no, I'll take her! hahahaha! I've found that with Mark (the boyfriend) he finds it VERY easy to say no until he's actually met the fuzzy baby. Then, his whole attitude changes. Which is why I'm trying to devise a plan for him to meet a Newf pup...hehehe! He's adamant that I wait until we buy a house to get one...but I just KNOW that if he meets one, he'll feel differently. Anyone have a Newf pup that they need us to "foster" for a little while?? ehhehee!

Honestly, I absolutely LOVE Neos. They may be my second choice after Newfs. I think that they're awesome! And, I think that Nina is right, if Zero forms a bond, how could he take her away?

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 11:45:59 am »
Be very careful with neo's..I've heard they have a tendancy to be dog aggressive.  If possible you may want to see how she reacts with Zero before making any decisions.  Make sure to research their personalities. . they are not as mellow a dog as a OEM or other large breed.  Since she is only 20months she is not quite to full maturity yet.

As for the hubby... I think you should just tell him to come and run some errands with you and not tell him exactly where you are going.  Then just stop by and visit the neo while you're "in the area". :)
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

BabsT

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 12:19:59 pm »
I am well aware of that aspect of the Neo...she currently lives with a male neo and a male OEM...they usually have same sex aggression.  I spoke with the woman that has the dog for about an hour and asked her every question under the sun...

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 01:33:44 pm »
awesome!  Just wanted to make sure you didn't get stuck in a situation you did know about.  :)
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2005, 01:49:05 pm »
Maia, my OEM, tends to have more aggression to other females than males.  Women are just B#####
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Nicole

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2005, 04:43:58 pm »
So, Babs....how's it coming with the Neo? Is it time for her to come and live with me yet?  ;)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2005, 06:18:36 pm »
Babs, I think taking her home for a visit and maybe stay over night, let the dogs have a sleep over party and see how they react to one another. If your hubby see how sweet she is and if she gets along with your boy, I would think it is very hard for him to let her go.

I also like the idea with going and just by accident drop by her house hehe

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2005, 09:36:23 pm »
I agree with Marit and the "Opps! How did that doggy get here?" plan. I don't think anyone could refuse that lovey face!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.