Author Topic: PIcnic at Hagg Lake!  (Read 8271 times)

Offline Heffers

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
PIcnic at Hagg Lake!
« on: July 28, 2007, 04:27:27 am »
Today we took the dogs out to Hagg Lake for a picnic with some of my family!  I was a little doubtfull of the weather since it had rained at the house before we left, but I figured that the dogs would put up with it and they'd definitely burn off some energy.  So we went and the weather turned out to be really nice!  And once again I got sun burned even though I was wearing a lot of sun block. :evil:

Heffner had a grand ole time playing with my dad out in the lake!  My dad swam waaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaay out and we were tossing toys for Heffner to retrieve and he just decided that my dad would be more fun to go after.  My dad kept ducking under the surface and popping up somewhere else.  It was hilarious to see the totally confused look on Heffner's face!!  After about 5 min. of that he finally swam back in to shore.

Taylor even actually did some serious swimming, and I didn't have to coax her.  She just sort of started copying Heffner and going after the toys.  On the down side she's picked up his wonderful habit of doing those big leaps right before he starts swimming!  There was about a half hour time period where she just kept on swimming around (we were there for almost six hours)!

FINALLY they started getting tired and we put up a tarp for them to lay down under and get cooled off out of the sun.  Thankfully they totally passed out because someone had the brilliant idea to bring their CAT to the lake! :shock: That's right, a freaking cat! :shock: I felt really bad for the cat (actually more of a kitten).  It was black and the owners were basking out in the sun with it. :? Then they had the brilliant idea to take it in the lake and see if it liked the water. :shock: Needless to say, the cat did NOT like the water.

Anyhow, here's some pictures!

Lindsay

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
Re: PIcnic at Hagg Lake!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 04:32:59 am »
What pretty pups you have. They look like they had a blast.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline Heffers

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 07:51:27 am »
I was just totally dumbfounded that anyone would think that a cat would have a good time in the hot sun at a lake!  Not to mention there are usually a few dogs running around there and I would think that would be really unpleasant for the poor kitty.  It was just really weird!

Offline Heffers

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 03:58:50 am »
Heffner is sooooooooooooo much happier swimming with his life vest on!  I bought it from Ruff Wear http://www.ruffwear.com/K-9-Float-Coat-trade?sc=2&category=694 and it totally supports his weight!  I'm definitely going to be getting one for Taylor.

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 07:34:01 am »
What a fun day. you have a good looking group there! Heffner is so adorable in his life jacket i totaly love it! Thanks for posting.
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 03:06:18 am »
Those are great pics.  It looks like everyone had a great time.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience