Author Topic: Eukanuba spokes person for Vick- this guy is a Moron  (Read 14685 times)

EllieAndBlu

Re: Eukanuba spokes person for Vick- this guy is a Moron
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2007, 07:30:32 pm »
I am fired-up.

I am one of the 5000 BPO members who has been reading this thread, but has not replied... until now.

I find it appauling that a company the size of Eukanuba would invade this board to placate a few, but not make a public statement renouncing the words of J.T. Thomas, and demand a printed correction from the Houston Chronicle, which by the way has a daily circulation of just over 500,000. That number represents newspapers purchased,it does not take into count multiple readers of those newspapers - It would sufice to say readerdship is a lot highter that half a million.

As for the power of BPO - the majority are not Eukanuba customers,but we are a passionate group and like Paige said we may be a small group but we are global and we have friends.

Silence speaks volumes Eukanuba. It is time to make an official statement - denouncing dogfighting like your customer service reps claim on the phone - but just like Bev says "don't believe everything you read", I was taught to not believe everything I "hear". I urge you to make an official statement about JT Thomas and the company's stance of dogfighting... . otherwise people are left to assumptions, and that is never good in the world of business.

** modified to add - way to go Jenn and Co. with the www.itchmo.com article - wahoooooo! **

« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 03:48:49 pm by EllieAndBlu »

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2007, 03:49:49 am »
Never ever underestimate the power of a like minded compassionate group of people. Right is right and wrong is wrong, and BPO is comprised of a group of people who are not content to sit back and let wrong prevail just because some corporate giant feels that we do not represent the majority.

Thank you BPO for being a group that I am proud to announce that I am a member, and thank you Jaime and Michael for having created this board and brought all of us together.

Eukanuba now has a challenge. They can either take this and turn it into a postive or they can continue to sit in silence.

Publicly stating that Thomas is not a spokesperson, publicly denouncing dog fighting, standing behind the Pit Rescue Groups and denouncing Breed Specific Legislation would be a good place to start in Eukanuba's quest to turn this around.

Paige

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2007, 05:57:19 am »
I have been following this thread and have not replied because, frankly, you have all voiced my concerns and questions, plusbrought up a lot of other good points that I would not have thought of.

Beverly, I understand that as a large company, EUK cannot jump in and fight every battle that comes your way.  And I know that you are just doing your job.  However, I am not satisfied with the responses you have given.  It is very unsettling how vague some of your "answers" have been.  I still haven't the faintest clue why your company refuses to make a public statement about this issue.  In my lifetime I have learned that when people are vague and talk in circles it means they can't be trusted.  How could your leadership team feel that this issue isn't important enough to address?  Isn't the well-being of dogs high on EUK's priority list?  Or does it really just come down to the almighty dollar?  We may only be about 5000 strong here at BPO, but our passion for dogs can be a strong weapon.  Word of mouth is a powerful thing, and this group is one who will fight for what they believe in.

I, for one, am very disappointed with the stance that EUK has taken on this issue.  Your silence can too easily be misunderstood as acceptance for what is happening.  I may only be one potential customer that you so-called leadership team can afford to lose, but I can guarantee you I will not be silent about this.  You should be ashamed of yourselves.
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer