Author Topic: Eukanuba spokes person for Vick- this guy is a Moron  (Read 14689 times)

bigdogs@5501

Eukanuba spokes person for Vick- this guy is a Moron
« on: August 03, 2007, 03:45:19 am »
Vick had a "bad error in judgement." If you aren't already boycotting Eukanuba for experimenting on dogs, then this should help you make a decision

Once 'fabric of America'
J.T. Thomas — representing the event's sponsor, pet food maker Eukanuba — offered a tempered viewpoint. It's because of Vick's own background — suggested Thomas, a younger brother of the 1960s-era Oilers cornerback W.K. Hicks — that people should attempt to understand how the former Virginia Tech star could have become involved.
"Once upon a time dogfighting, just like cockfighting, used to be a part of the fabric of America," said Thomas, of Pasadena. "Just like with a lot of other things, loopholes have been closed. It sometimes takes people awhile to understand what you used to do and what you can do now aren't always one in the same. Sometimes you have to learn this the hard way, and that's happening with him. This was not murder. This was not a capital crime. This was, possibly, a bad error in judgment. We can make a federal case out of it if we want to, but whatever happened, we have to let justice take its course. (Vick's) argument is that he was not knowledgeable about what was going on.
"I myself am a man of color. But, if a man is wrong, he's wrong. I'm not going to jump on his bandwagon because he's Michael Vick. It's unfortunate people in America tend to worship success and don't always realize that just because someone is successful financially they may not be successful morally, socially or spiritually."

bigdogs@5501

Re: Eukanuba spokes person for Vick- this guy is a Moron
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 03:51:29 am »
This is not murder?? This is not a capitol crime?? J.T.Thomas owes an apology to anyone with an IQ of more than 20. What? Its not murder if it is a dog? No Mr. Thomas this was not a human, but they were caring feeling creatures. And what Vick and others like him did was wrong and it was a crime. The amount of abuse that people like Vick impose on helpless creatures every day has to stop, there is no excuse. Sorry folks for getting so worked up over this but finding excuses for Vick at this point is just inexcusable. We all know right from wrong and this was wrong. In my opinion, dogs are proof of gods existence, they can be abused, ignored, mistreated and starved, but are always willing to forgive and forget and give unconditional love. Too bad people like Vick have not learned anything from being in the prescence of dogs.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 03:54:20 am »
I think that TV had shown plenty of cases that people in America do realize that just because someone is successful financially they may not be successful morally, socially or spiritually. Actually, there are more financially stable people with moral disabilities than the "penny savers" and we all know it!
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 08:57:26 pm »
It sometimes takes people awhile to understand what you used to do and what you can do now aren't always one in the same.

It's illegal.

If you try to hide it, you KNOW it's illegal.

PERIOD.

What's not to understand?
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline fivestartaylor

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Scooby & Kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 09:43:27 pm »
Okay so how is it that a dog food company is making excuses for a DOG MURDERER!! Sounds like a big crock o'crap. And as far as people not believing he did it because he is finacially sound? What the heck kinda sense does that make I mean I don't care if your my broke neighbor down the street or if your Mike Vic.. either way what you did is inexcusable and horrible and you should be punished for it!
Mom To :

Scooby 18mo. Great Dane
          &
Lucy   7yr old Labrador Retriever

2 Kids & 1 Husband -(might as well be another kid)

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 10:30:22 pm »
HMMmmm its time to start writing Eukanuba. Seems they may need a new spokes person and just don't know it yet.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 10:34:03 pm by VdogLover »

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 02:18:35 am »
hmm sorry, id love to boycott Eukanuba for that but i cant. its the only food that my pup can be on that she wont have a flare up of her HOD on... sorry... and just for the record i dont agree with this guy or anything vick has done. its digusting
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

Offline EukPuppy

• Gnawer
  • My small dog has the heart of a BIG DOG!
    • View Profile
Very sorry to intrude on your blog--I found this posting through a Google search. I work for Eukanuba in Consumer Relations.

JT Thomas does not work for us. A Houston newspaper inaccurately listed Mr. Thomas as a representative for Eukanuba; however, he is not employed by Iams or Eukanuba.

Mr. Thomas expressed his own, personal opinions regarding Michael Vick.

As a company, we do not condone or support dog fighting of any kind.

Thank you for reading.

Respectfully,
Beverly
Eukanuba Team Leader
Beverly
Customer dot Service at Iams dot com

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 01:15:30 am »
1st of all Beverly, thank you for posting, I wish that you would have left a way in which to contact you and I would like to see Eukanuba publicly say what you have expressed here on the board. We at BPO are a realtively small group but we are dog owners who not only love our dogs, but all dogs and some of us spend countless hours and money on rescues and vet bills and food. You did not intrude. I am also a member of another board and I think that Eukanuba should be interested in informing all parties of the fact that Mr.Thomas doesnt represent Eukanuba. If you do not want to post- my email address can be obtained from my profile, please feel free to contact me directly. I am the one who originally posted this info on this board and to be honest there are a lot of groups that could benefit from your company and thier support in this matter.
Paige

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 01:22:15 am »
Well said Paige!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline EukPuppy

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Non-Eukanuba spokes person for Vick- this guy is a Moron: YEP!
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 09:07:32 pm »
Paige--Thank you for making me feel welcome! Part of my job in Consumer Relations at Eukanuba is to post to blogs and forums, so please consider my post officially from the company--and no problems if you want to cross-post to another board.

I'm sorry you did not see my email address on my profile--when I registered yesterday I was in a hurry to get the posting finished and did not have time to fine-tune my profile. I can always be reached at customer.servi ce at iams.com. If you put "Attention Beverly" in the subject line of the email it will filter directly to me.

Kindest regards to you and all the Big Paws!

Bev and Bailey-the-Bichon
Beverly

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 10:14:44 pm »
First of all I'd like to thank you Beverly for clarifying that Thomas isn't affiliated with Eukanuba.

Second of all, I'd like to say to Mr. Thomas, I believe there was a motion to raise a Dog's legal status to that of a Human, so how you can't call that murder is beyond me! It irks me to the core that he is supporting Vick! >:( Would he support Hitler? As far as I'm concerned dog fighting is a genocide that's not getting enough attention. Animal cruelty, in any way, shape or form, is unforgivable. grrrr

I just wanted to add that regardless of the legal status of a dog, with or without it, it's still murder.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 11:54:34 pm by Ice Blue »
Caitlin

Remy - German Shepherd (7 mths)
Copper - Shetland Sheepdog (14 yrs)
Birch - Lizard (Mali Uromastyx)

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 02:11:01 am »
Beverly again thank you for the information. Hopefully your company will become more involved in rescue. I did send out a post to one of my boards, I included you on the post and your address in the subject line. I expressed my opinion and that I appreciate you responding to the post. Welcome again to BPO and please check out tinytracks.net . You are welcome on both sites.
Paige

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2007, 02:04:23 pm »
Good Question Tina, I didnt even think of that, hopefully Beverly can also explain that to us, thanks for asking. I again would like to see Eukanuba make a public announcement regarding J.T.Thomas and thier stance on Michael Vick.

Offline EukPuppy

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
I would LOVE to scream from the rafters!!
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 12:28:08 am »
If Mr. Thomas does not represent Eukanuba who is he then? And why was it implied that he was representing Eukanuba? Why is Eukanuba not screaming from the rafters of this?

Truly, it does no good to scream from the rafters with something like this. It just gives the mis-information more air time. Sometimes you just have to choose your battles.

As to why it was implied that he was a spokesman for Eukanuba, the agency he works for supplies us with samplers. He may have been handing out samples of Eukanuba at the dog show. He had no authorization (from us or his employer)to speak as he did to the media. And he has moved on to other projects at the place where he works.
Beverly