Author Topic: Friends who have dogs, but shouldn't !!!!  (Read 3328 times)

Offline fivestartaylor

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Scooby & Kids
    • View Profile
Friends who have dogs, but shouldn't !!!!
« on: August 09, 2007, 05:58:45 pm »
I am sorry in advance for this.

My husband has these friends who have 2 pits.1 boy(zuesy) and 1 girl(princess pippi)well these people are kinda nasty and they moved into this nice new trailer park that they cannot afford and they let the dogs pee and poop everywhere. Well the mrs got tired of cleaning it up and she found a crate and now they throw the dogs inthe crate constantly.She even jokes about the fact that they live in their crate they never come out.I told her that was no life for a dog more or less 2 of them in the same crate they are still puppies and gorgeous but they are so neglected.They never have baths, their nails are so long they curl under, they are living on $10 for 45lb type o dog food.They constantly get yelled at and stuff thrown at them, but on the appearence side of things they look normal, so calling animal control will do me no good. After I expressed my feelings about this to her she said unless I wanted them then she didn't care what I thought.

I dunno how to handle this, i mean i would love to take em , but with the pregnancy and the adoption going thru here soon i can't do puppies right now, any suggestions?

His bro just got 2 new pits and they are really sweet but this is the same guy who calls me EVERY week begging for money to feed his kid cause he's sooo broke.What makes him think that he can afford 2 more dogs?? AAHHHHH ! I am gonna go off on somebody real soon. Anyone know of anyone looking for pits?, maybe i can talk em into getting rid of em.
Mom To :

Scooby 18mo. Great Dane
          &
Lucy   7yr old Labrador Retriever

2 Kids & 1 Husband -(might as well be another kid)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Friends who have dogs, but shouldn't !!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 04:23:44 am »
I agree......... see if you can place them somewhere.  They obviously don't want to be caring for their dogs, so why have them at all?

Reminds me of what happened at work today.  I didn't help these people or they would have heard words.  I don't know what kind of dog it was, but a co-worker was back in grooming and was watching the groomer speak to some customers.  Groomer told them the dog had some serious matts that needed to come out.  They proceeded to tell her not to touch the mats and leave them in.  They basically only wanted the dog rinsed off with water, nothing else.  I told her she should have had the groomer report them for neglect, that is aweful they didn't want to have them removed.  >:(

Offline Ouch

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Sadie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 04:48:58 am »
*Let me preface this (after reading it) - I don't live in your community and I don't know what your humane society is like nor your law enforcement, so I'm not passing judgement and perhaps I shouldn't write what I feel .. but dangit I am.

You know it's really hard to be such a champion of our fur friends, it gets you in so much trouble and causes many sleepless nights, but you know what.. our dogs, and bottom line is, they're dogs, but we made them depend on us .. we want them .. some of us cannot live without them, and we treat them as our children .. thru good times and bad.   Like a human child, they have no one to depend on, or in a canine situation, because that's the way us humans made them.   As a thoughtful, caring human being .. if a child or dog is being mistreated we're obligated to fix it, report it, challenge and stand up for what we know is right.  To date (the first was a dobe in 1979) .. I've walked into 4 yards and taken dogs .. two I kept .. two the owners "woke up", one gave his dog up and one understood why I was fixing to call the authorities.  Now I know I can get in trouble for this and I know I'm very lucky not to have been prosecuted.  But you know what, if you document and you keep notes consistantly and know you can call in the authorities on those wimpy, stupid humans that get the only self esteem builder they get is by overlording animals and humans i.e. bullies .. they will not challege you, they know that they're at fault, they just don't expect anyone to care how inhumane they can be, after all "They're just dogs".  Some of us have to show them. 

And do you know the sad part about this specific case .. this is why pits have such a bad rap .. they (the humans) "get" them, most of the time they isolate them because the human in charge is afraid of them and don't want to have to train them or deal with their (dogs) problems and when these poor pups get loose and hurt or maim or get sent to the animal shelter they're put down because no one cared from day ONE.

*stepping off my soapbox*

(can you tell I've never owned a fur coat)
Copper, 12 yr old American Cocker
Emmitt, 7 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Sadie, 2 yr old Newfie
OnryHenry, 17 yr old King Feline of KY

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 05:14:51 am »
ooooo, you GO girl!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline fivestartaylor

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Scooby & Kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 04:26:32 pm »
I know I am going to try REALLY hard to talk to themabout giving them up, their still young enough that if they got placed soon they would probably be just fine with a new family.Like I said I absolutely love these 2, if it wasn't for everything right now I could at least foster them for awhile. My biggest fear is that the Mrs. will go and give them to animal control and with them being pits they will either be PTS or end up in the hands of the wrong type of people.I will be persistant, my husband told me if I didn't back off they weren't gonna like me anymore-I told him I never liked them in the first place so I could care less.
Mom To :

Scooby 18mo. Great Dane
          &
Lucy   7yr old Labrador Retriever

2 Kids & 1 Husband -(might as well be another kid)

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 06:45:54 pm »
oh im sorry. things could be so much easier if people would occasionaly THINK about what they are doing....
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown