Author Topic: Talk me down - I'm LOSING my MIND!!!!  (Read 9417 times)

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
Talk me down - I'm LOSING my MIND!!!!
« on: August 09, 2007, 11:48:55 pm »
OK, so I have three puppers and one big ol' black cat. I have four kids. I don't work outside the home - no time for that nonsense. Too much to do with all these creatures. So, I foster kittens for a local non-profit. I LOVE doing it, and my kids love it. We've been doing it for about a year, and I have no idea how many kittens have come and gone from our home. We feed them, play with them, snuggle them, watch them grow, and then off they go for adoption. We've all done well with the whole separation process. Until now. I have the most amazing litter downstairs, and if I could keep the mom and all five babies I would. As it is, I am having terrible sadness about letting them go, and I REALLY want to keep, like, two of them. I can't narrow it down any more than that. Hubby says there are too many animals in the house, so of course I haven't even told him that I want to keep two kittens. I'm sure he would not be in favor of it at all. PLUS, in the next few months, we are moving from Florida to California. So, I'd be increasing the number of animals to move from an already overwhelming four to a nearly impossible six!!! My hubby will have a cow if I tell him I want to keep two babies! He will absolutely, pardon my language, sh%t a brick!!! So, what do I do??? Am I nuts for even considering it? Should I badger my poor husband unitl he submits? Should I not complicate my life and move by adding MORE mouths to feed? Am I crazy? Who needs three cats and three dogs? The hair, the litter box, the smell.... What am I thinking? Oh, I want them. They are so wonderful. If any of you all were local (St. Pete, FL) these kittens AND their mom are so so wonderful. They are really special. Come on girls, snap me out of this! ???
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
Re: Talk me down - I'm LOSING my MIND!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 12:15:09 am »
LMAO!!!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Kai - Aussie/Dobie

Offline happiday

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All I ever do is SMILE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 01:25:01 am »
  ;D  WHERE in California are you going?  I live in So. CA. I'm having the same feelings for a certain already rescued pupper that is currently enjoying her life in Texas!  And my husband would do absolutely the SAME THING with the bricks, only I think he just might pick them up and throw some, too!  Maybe a kitten (or two?) could 'accidentally' end up on my porch on your way through?!?  Do you have pics of these wonderful babies? 
What am I thinking????????????   ???

You can PM me!
Salli, Annie's mama!

Offline Ouch

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Sadie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 01:50:54 am »
OK .. now I believe in fate/kismit/what will be will be kinda thing.  SHOULD they (2 kittens - just those two you've picked out) not be adopted (not because of anything you do to deter it mind you ;D) .. it was meant to be to take them to CA .. but if they go because someone loves them as you .. then they're adopted and that was meant to be.  Does that help? 

Stopping now before I think anymore and talk myself into talking you into keeping them.  WHEW I'm confusing myself ! ???
Copper, 12 yr old American Cocker
Emmitt, 7 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Sadie, 2 yr old Newfie
OnryHenry, 17 yr old King Feline of KY

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 03:08:10 am »
We're moving to Santa Rosa, California. My hubby is currently looking for a job out there, and that's where our extended family is. This magical mom cat is Storm, and she has 6 toes on her front feet. Two of her daughters (my two!) also have 6 toes. All of them are wonderfully tempered and so sweet. They are a really special bunch, and like I said, I was hard to even narrow it down to just two! My poor husband is so understanding about the animal thing -he even said he'd build me a "rescue" kennel on our new property in CA. He loves animals, too, and is very supportive. I think that we've reached his quota, though. I would have said the same thing until I met these kittens, but I think these little girls have to be mine. I do have pics but I think they are too big to post - I keep having problems with that!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Kai - Aussie/Dobie

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 03:43:18 am »
Well advice coming from the foster failure here... Keep the Hemmingway babies. You did say that there was going to be property in California- but hey- this is again coming from the #1 Foster Failure of all time. Also Salli- I would really love for Amelia to become a California girl- I can put of the Sunday meeting with the other family and geez take a road trip say to New Mexico??

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 03:48:54 am »
I don't think you are losing anything,and while I do understand where your hubby is coming from,he can't be too much against the animals considering all the ones you already have.

Since you have have many pass thru your home and on to their forever homes,there must be something about theses ones that I call God or the Universe has put in your path.

Gifts like this are not to be passed up on.
What's two more little kittens when you look at the whole picture.

Tricia and the fur kids.
I know I was no help

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 05:13:17 am »
Nope, but in one of our earlier litters this summer we sure did. We called him "Marino", after my grandfather!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Kai - Aussie/Dobie

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 05:42:25 am »
I'm so not going to help...I have 2 polydactyl cats as well, 6 toes on all four of Green's feet and 6front/5 back on Tierarzt's feet. They were 2/4 and I picked Tierarzt and ended up with Green as well. Here are some pics :-*

Offline Ouch

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Sadie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 05:45:32 am »
OK OK OK .. I didn't pick up that they were polydactyly.  You know what .. they'd be mine too.

"Polydactyly, or extra digits, is a common trait among cats, particularly it seems, among Celtic cats and cats on part of America's Eastern coast and South West Britain."

Tell your husband this is a sign .. Celtic Cats will bring good luck - especially in your move to a new place. ;)  (if someone told me this I'd have to follow this advice)

As for my post above .. NEVERMIND

Copper, 12 yr old American Cocker
Emmitt, 7 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Sadie, 2 yr old Newfie
OnryHenry, 17 yr old King Feline of KY

lorim2

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 05:47:45 am »
We're moving to Santa Rosa, California. My hubby is currently looking for a job out there, and that's where our extended family is. This magical mom cat is Storm, and she has 6 toes on her front feet. Two of her daughters (my two!) also have 6 toes. All of them are wonderfully tempered and so sweet. They are a really special bunch, and like I said, I was hard to even narrow it down to just two! My poor husband is so understanding about the animal thing -he even said he'd build me a "rescue" kennel on our new property in CA. He loves animals, too, and is very supportive. I think that we've reached his quota, though. I would have said the same thing until I met these kittens, but I think these little girls have to be mine. I do have pics but I think they are too big to post - I keep having problems with that!

AWWWW Man...I want to go with you!!  Thats my goal is to move to So Cal!

Offline happiday

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All I ever do is SMILE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 05:53:11 am »
Also Salli- I would really love for Amelia to become a California girl- I can put off the Sunday meeting with the other family and geez take a road trip say to
New Mexico??

Oh, Paige!  I have butterflies in my gut just reading that! 
I SO VERY MUCH want to say, "Take that left toin at Albuquerque!" 
Somebody, anybody, please pray for this.  I really have a soft spot in my heart for Amelia...hubby isn't on the same page.  I just don't know what to say here...  (help!)   :'(
Salli, Annie's mama!

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2007, 02:11:43 pm »
ok Salli, work on him - today- HARD. I could probably take off towards Albuquerque next thursday and meet you by Friday nite. I am serious. I will PM you my cell phone number.You really need Millie, you saw her pics and saw what Love Bug she really is and well I have some vacation time that I need to burn.... Say the word and I will make the plans. Besides, I havent been to New Mexico in forever.

Nicole

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2007, 09:28:15 pm »
OH! I HOPE THIS WORKED OUT WITH MILLIE!!!!!!!!!

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
Re: Talk me down - I'm LOSING my MIND!!!! UPDATE!
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2007, 12:16:06 am »
OK, so, re: the kitten issue (BTW, I also hope all goes well with Millie/Amelia!) I finally worked up my courage and talked to hubby this morning. I said, "Honey, it's like this - we have to keep two of the kittens. I can't help it, that's just how it is." I went on to talk about how I've fostered so so so many, and never had a problem loving them and letting them go until now. So he looks at me and says "The one with the circle stripes, and which other one?" Just like that. Like, no big deal. That stinker wanted the circley stripey kitty all along and didn't want to say any thing!! What a mush he is! I love him! So, we're keeping "his" pick, which doesn't have extra toes, but is fat and lovely. And, we're keeping one of my picks, a female with the extra toes, and a wild spotted marking on her like I've never seen before. I'm so excited!! Thanks for your words of encouragement. It wasn't even as big a deal as I thought it would be!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Kai - Aussie/Dobie