Author Topic: New pictures!!  (Read 3275 times)

Luvmydanes

New pictures!!
« on: July 22, 2005, 08:34:23 am »
Here they are...New pictures of Jasmine. I have a question too. Dane has become quite agressive with her. To the point where we have to put him somewhere else why I took these pictures cause he "paws" her and knocks her over. He also will eat his food, and then growl and bark at her while she eats hers enough to where she won't bother eating. We separate them now while they eat cause my baby girl needs to eat! Any suggestions? Ok...here's the pictures!

Kandi

Luvmydanes

Re: New pictures!!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 08:35:36 am »
Might help if I posted them! haha!!!

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 08:52:21 am »
Wow!!  she looks great!  and has gotten HUGE!
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 08:58:55 am »
Lady and Grace have the same dominance issues too.  We had to in the beginning make Lady not overbear Grace's dinner dish.  It's a lot better now and they know eachother's boundries.  But they still paw and nip at eachother to get the dominance.  It'll all come out in their wash...but your boy is a lot bigger than either of my puppies.   separating them during dinner is a good idea.  The little one will have to stand up for herself soon enough...but it sounds like she needs a little help doing that.  Do you do the establishing of dominance with him so that you're the big dog and he listens to you? 
We've had to do that with Lady a lot in the last 6 months.  We get her on the floor and growl and snarl and stare her down till she gets submissive. 

Luvmydanes

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 02:07:21 pm »
I love her little wrinkle forehead too. :)

Kandi

nickerbokker

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 02:29:59 pm »
OMG!  I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH MY MOM TELLING HER ALL ABOUT ANGUS AND CODY AND THIS SITE AND HOW MUCH IT HAS HELPED ME GROW AS A DOGGY MOM (STILL LOVE THEM THE SAME, BUT TAKE CARE OF THEM WAY BETTER)....AND SHE WAS GETTING ANNOYED....THE N I SAID "HOLY S%$T", "LOOK AT JASMINE!"....AND SHE WAS LIKE..."IM GETTING OFF THE PHONE, IM SICK OF HEARING ABOUT ALL THESE DOGS I DONT KNOW" LOL....

SHE IS SOOOOOOO HUGE!  WHERE IS MY FAVORITE LITTLE DANE PUP?  SHE WAS THE CUTEST THING I EVER SAW!  NOW SHES MASSIVE!!!!!!!MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN EVER....BUT HUGE!  LOL   

YOU MUST POST MORE PIX.....WE HAVE MISSED SO MUCH WHILE YOUVE BEEN GONE!

as far as eating.....i used to feed the dogs next to eachother because i wanted them to always get along and not have good aggression!  WELL...didn't work.  they both ate so fast so the other didn't get it...they would sit there for five minutes choking.  on the occasion that angus finished first, he would walk (run) right over and finish codys food before i could get to him.  now, i feed one in the living room, one in the bedroom....so they eat slower....whic h works....they take their time a little morenow. 

I LOVE HER

WHERE IS THE PINK COLLAR?  I LOVED THAT THING!  I WANTED TO GET MYSELF A JASMINE TWIN SO I COULD PUT HER IN THAT COLLAR!  LAMO

Luvmydanes

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 03:18:23 pm »
Nick - That is too funny about your mom. My mom acts the same way. I really don't bother telling her much anymore cause she only half listens when I start talking about my website friends. lol. Oh well.
Jasmine is my big girl now, probably about 50 pounds and 4.5 months old. She is going to be massive. She is the most mellowist dog I have ever seen in my life. Like there is no hyper for this dog. Most dogs (speaking about Dane) come in the house and run around and knock stuff over and get all crazy, but not Jazz. She comes in, walks to the base of the couch and lays down. And seriously, will stay there for hours. It is so nice. I can actually pet her and kiss her without getting a face full of drool like I do when I try to love on Dane. lol.

From the sounds of it, it sounds like the best idea is to continue doing what we are doing and just separate them when they eat. It works better. I am hoping that she starts standing up to Dane once she gets bigger, but I just don't know if that will happen since Dane has always been the "big boy" of the house. Oh, and that grey thing hanging down from her neck is her "pink" collar...haha!!! We will wash it and the first 5 minutes she is outside it gets dirty.

I will definately take more pictures and post them soon! Thanks for missing me - its always nice. :)

Kandi

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2005, 06:10:12 pm »
She is adorable Kandi, she has done sooooo much growing while you were gone, and Dane is one handsome man.

I think you are doing right in separating them, both for the aggresion and to let Jasimne eat in peace. I am sure everything will work out, but you will probably be a bit on your toes for awhile to make sure they (especially Dane) knows who is REALLY the Alpha in the family.

About people getting tired of you talking about this place and the people and dogs here, well hehe, my whole family is kinda just shaking their heads when I start, almost every evening when we go to bed, I start saying something, Chris now knows what is to come, so he sighs a bit and sometimes asks "how come we always seem to talk about BPO" hehe.

You have to post lots and lots of pics of your babies

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog