Author Topic: Ranger's Rescue  (Read 23300 times)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Ranger's Rescue
« on: July 22, 2005, 10:56:09 am »
Great news everyone!!!! Vinny Dog has filled the adoption forms for Ranger the Pyr mix. Now we just need them to be aproved, She will be taking him back to Wisconsin with her, now I have a favour to ask can anyone help with the transport from Kentuck to Illinois, she can then pick him up in Illinois and bring him to Wisconsin.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: Ranger's Rescue
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 11:01:42 am »
If transport will come near my neck of the woods I will help...I am in Eastern IA...near Dubuque...Beca use I am all but directionally & geographically stupid I am not sure if I can help...I'll find my hubby's atlas & try to see later.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 11:03:34 am »
I AM TOTALLY CONFUSED!!! I just did an over the phone application with Glasgow and am scheduled to pick him up Tuesday!

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 11:07:29 am »
This is strange, she did an online application, this can still work though, if we can get him to Illinois she can pick him up there.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 11:10:16 am »
We must have been doing it at the same time. I was approved while on the phone and they are expecting me to come get him early Tuesday morning.
I suppose I could go ahead and drive him north, can someone meet me somewhere on Tuesday? I need to look at a map!

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 11:15:36 am »
This is just to funny!! Boy Ranger is loved isn't he  ;D I just emailed Beth aka Vinny Dog and asked her to log on to BPO so that things can be worked out, Maybe you two can meet and do a dog transfer??? Thank you doghealer, your the best, you and Vinny dog are really going above and beyond.  ;D

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 11:23:35 am »
Turns out Illinois is a huge state! I'll drive him up there, I'll borrow my dad's van which I will be needing for my move anyway, and that way Nigel can come along for the ride. I'll put my crate in the back just in case and then... ROAD TRIP!
Heck maybe Zoot wants to come too. Why not drive hundreds of miles with 3 dogs in the van?

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2005, 11:27:09 am »
That great Vinny is on line now, so I think that you guys can maybe make the arrangements. HEEEEE I am soo happy everything is working out and hey two BPO members can meet pretty cool.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2005, 11:34:08 am »
Turns out Illinois is a huge state! I'll drive him up there, I'll borrow my dad's van which I will be needing for my move anyway, and that way Nigel can come along for the ride. I'll put my crate in the back just in case and then... ROAD TRIP!
Heck maybe Zoot wants to come too. Why not drive hundreds of miles with 3 dogs in the van?
You know you can drive hundreds of miles without 3 dogs in the van but I wouldn't reccomend it!...lol...This is so awesome! ;D

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2005, 11:35:33 am »
Take some windex and Bounty paper towels.  :)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2005, 11:51:42 am »
Keep us posted on where Rangers new home will be, and of course lots of pics too.
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2005, 03:26:47 pm »
NEWS FLASH...
... has offered to fund Ranger's care as long as I provide a foster home for him! This means he doesn't have to ride in the car for a million hours to go to Wisconsin! And Beth doesn't have to drive a million miles to pick him up! And the best part... updated pictures of him all the time while he lives with me!!
The Rescue will be providing his food, heartworm prevention, shots, dewormers, and flea control for him. And Ranger will be able to make a debut at the animal adoption expo in early August, where I will be able to assist people who might be interested in him!
I am looking forward to meeting him on Tuesday and I'll keep everyone updated. I am so happy for Ranger! It's amazing, who would have thought that one comment on a message board could start this ball rolling and save a dog's life!!! It's awesome!!!
 :D  :D  :D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 07:17:34 pm by doghealer »

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2005, 03:35:41 pm »
You should feel like a very special person doghealer.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2005, 03:51:07 pm »
WOOOO HOOO that is great news I am so happy ;D You have to post us pics of his ASAP. ANd give him a big kiss and hug from me.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2005, 04:35:09 pm »
NEWS FLASH...
The Animal Relief Fund of Franklin, TN has offered to fund Ranger's care as long as I provide a foster home for him! This means he doesn't have to ride in the car for a million hours to go to Wisconsin! And Beth doesn't have to drive a million miles to pick him up! And the best part... updated pictures of him all the time while he lives with me!!
The Rescue will be providing his food, heartworm prevention, shots, dewormers, and flea control for him. And Ranger will be able to make a debut at the animal adoption expo in early August, where I will be able to assist people who might be interested in him!
I am looking forward to meeting him on Tuesday and I'll keep everyone updated. I am so happy for Ranger! It's amazing, who would have thought that one comment on a message board could start this ball rolling and save a dog's life!!! It's awesome!!!
 :D  :D  :D
Awesome!...He will give you a lifetime of love & commitment!!!...Yea, I know you said you were just fostering him...We'll see about that! ;) You have never loved a Pyr lady!  ;) :D ;D