Author Topic: Too Hot, Too Hot, Baby  (Read 5560 times)

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Too Hot, Too Hot, Baby
« on: September 01, 2007, 03:07:00 am »
OK, it is hot here.  I know all of you who live in, say, Arizona, or Texas, or Michigan, or wherever are saying "It doesn't get hot in San Diego", but no lie people - IT IS HOT!

Too hot to take dogs for a walk.  Too hot to play with dogs.  Too hot for doggies to do anything but lay in the darkened living room under the fan and pant and nap.

Not me, though.  I am all sweaty and gross because I vacuumed the place with my new vacuum from Big Lots.  It isn't even a cool vacuum like a Dyson, but it is better than my old broken vacuum that barely worked.  And, seriously, the amount of hair and dust that rose up from out of my carpet was disgusting.  Dis.  Gust.  Ing.  Like health hazard gross.  (Please forget you ever heard this if I ever invite you over, ok?  I have the new vacuum and it's all better now...)

It's been a while since I posted any pictures, so here are some of my guys kicking it and trying to stay cool.  And wondering why I don't put the camera down and join them...
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Too Hot, Too Hot, Baby
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 06:10:01 am »
I will try to include more pictures of Gwen in the future - I have not always been fair to her in the past.  She has always been a Daddy's girl and has never really come to me to seek attention, or had much use for me really.  Now that her Daddy is not with her, (for those not in the loop, her Daddy, Scott, needed to move to different living conditions for awhile, out of state, and was not able to take her with him, so she stayed with me), she and I are trying to figure out how to bond.  She is actually adapting pretty well, but I think she knows that Ranger is not about to share me, so she hasn't pushed him on it or rocked the boat too much.  And, yes, she is a real dog, not a cardboard cutout that I propped up for the pictures!   :D
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 06:10:46 am »
We live in Texas ourselves, and so we're quite used to the hot weather. It's been a relatively moderate summer (meaning we've had very few 100-degree days), but still, it's not like 98 degrees is much better. And that's with a 'cold' front. So we've compensated by having the air down to 72 degrees, and that's since April, just to keep Rosie cool in the house.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 06:21:21 am »
I forgot to mention that I love the freckles on Ranger's nose & paws.  Soooo cute!   :-*
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees