Author Topic: Do the old Food Switcheroo!  (Read 4136 times)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Do the old Food Switcheroo!
« on: September 03, 2007, 01:19:42 am »
Hey guys!  ;D
So I've gone a switched Naja's food from Nutra Natural Choice LB Puppy formula to the Canadaie All Stages.  I figured this would get her on a better track health/ growth wise.  But I've been noticing since I mixed the two foods together to get her used to the new stuff, her pooh has been well kinda watery.  It's pretty gross.  She's had the runs a little bit, nothing that I'd worry too much about cause it clears up after the runny poop, and it's gone away now.  But her poops are definitely not solid.  Should I wait until I've got her only on the Canadaie, and see how she reacts to that, or would you say that it's not agreeing with her tummy, and I should get her off it right away??? 
Any input would be great.  I'm not in any rush, it's just she's got a pretty sensitive tummy anyways, I really don't want to push it more then I have to.  Thanks guys!!!
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Do the old Food Switcheroo!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 03:28:43 am »
I now automatically pack pumpkin in his suitcase as a pre-emptive measure. 

I like that Jack has his own suitcase ;D

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 04:41:16 am »
I now automatically pack pumpkin in his suitcase as a pre-emptive measure.

I like that Jack has his own suitcase ;D

Hehehehehe, it's more a bag than traditional suitcase.  Actually, he has the most expensive 'luggage' than anyone in the house.  I bought this bag in Disney World to carry home all the stuff I bought.  He knows, when ever the bag with Mickey on it comes out, he's goin on a road trip.
that's adorable, he gets all excited does he?
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline Edwpang

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 06:48:57 am »
I switched Butter's food from Iams Large Puppy to Canidae All Life Stages in about 1 weeks in June. I knew it was a little bit quick, but I did not have the old food left... It took about 1 month to get full solid poo. It was noticeably smaller than before. But with 2nd bag of Canidae I bought in the beginning of August, his poo again became soft again, bigger than the 1st bag. I don't know what's the reason.

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 02:43:31 pm »
Thanks for the advice guys!  I'll give it another week or so before I take any action.  One other thing though is that she is pooping so often.  Like way more then before, and again they are no longer liquid, but by no means are they solid formed poops though.   ???
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline MollyGirl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 03:36:35 pm »
I switched Phoebe to canidae and she does great on it but we went up to the cabin this weekend and her stools loosened up a bit she got into my parents dog's food and ate a little of that along with sticks and anything else she could get her mouth around.  She is back to normal now she poops I bet 4-5 times a day its crazy.
Becky
Phoebe 1-1/2 Yr.Great Pyrenees
MollyGirl No longer with us Pyr/Springer mix