Author Topic: Maybe A New Dane In The House... GOD I HOPE!  (Read 19005 times)

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Maybe A New Dane In The House... GOD I HOPE!
« on: September 05, 2007, 02:38:05 am »
Alright, so i came across a posting on Craigslist, *im soooo glad i heard of that site from this one!* A woman has a harlequin Great Dane pup that she can no longer keep. i have to talk to her more to find out everything, but he said he is housetrained, crate trained, leash trained, and knows basic commands. hes AKC registered, and is already neutered *YES!*. thats a big help seeing as how i have to pay yet to get my girl spayed, but she cant have it done yet. ANYWHO! shes got my number and is either going to call me today or tomorrow. Im soooo excited. i think having another pup *oHHHHH i forgot!* hes the same age as my pup! Anyway, i think having another pup around will help Chloe with her depression shes had lately. i think it will also encourage her to get up more often and try walking. right now, she doesnt want to do much of anything, because shes so depressed. when shes around other dogs though shes completely different, she gets right up and walks over to them and is happy happy happy.. i hope this all works out!!! :D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 04:38:15 pm by DaneInsane »
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
Re: Maybe A New Dane In The House... GOD I HOPE!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 03:06:25 am »
I hope it works out for you...I am sooo depressed over not being able to keep Grace. She and Morgayne really liked each other.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 03:08:54 am »
i am too, i hate to see people not able to keep a pet. :-[ but atleast she went to a good home!

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 04:18:17 am »
Ooh, good luck with the boy dane - I hope he works out for you. I take it your bf has warmed to the idea? I'm sorry to say, even if the new boy is adorable, he'll never be as cute a Chloe, but if you post a bunch of pics, maybe I'll change my mind (but I doubt it!  ;D)Any names in the works? You know he'll probably come with some way dorky name that will have to go right away....
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 04:30:39 am »
haha actually i was pointing out that the dane zchic had taken in was cute and showed him the pic, and he thought she was adorable, then when i told him about Tonka, i said to Chloe "awww Chloe, you want a boyfriend honey, awww yeahhhhh" and he said "i wouldnt object" and today i asked if he was serious and he said yes! so here we are! yeah he was convinced i was gonna let him name Chloe "scooby doo" umm no, sorry! and then for this one he said "oh we can name it MooCow" UGH, no! maybe for a nickname! i really would like to name him Leland. But, we will see!

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 04:32:32 am »
Okay I seriously like the name MooCow.  I think it's funny.  Good luck on the new boy toy, brother, for Chloe. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 04:42:05 am »
judging by the charm shes got, he will be a boy toy, lol ;D i dont know if i could tell people "yeah thats Chloe, and thats....MooCo w" ::)

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 04:43:07 am »
Or he could be Bo, short for Bovine - hee hee. Naw, Leland is good, too. But it sort of makes me think he'll need a pocket protector, and since he'll have no pockets....Oh, wait, that's right, he's been neutered. But THAT'S no place to put pens, anyway. "Excuse me, pup, do you have a pen I could borrow?" "Why sure, woof woof, right here..." "Uh..errr..no thanks...never mind..."

OK, I'm a little punchy - time to get some sleep I think! ::)
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 04:48:06 am »
Aww. Oh my gosh! I'm so happy for you! I really hope you get him. I wish I could get another dog to entertain my pup, but I think I would die of exhaustion. haha

And I was seriously LOLing about moocow. haha My boyfriend always wanted to name Miles chewbaca or something weird. haha
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 04:48:41 am »
hahaha, well this is going to sound stupid, but the name Leland (pronounced either "lay-land" or "lee-land") came from DOG, the bounty hunter. i dont know if any of you know of the show, but Dogs one son is named Leland, and i love it.  :D i think its a cool name, lol

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 12:53:14 pm »
Hehehe Dog the bounty hunter....LMAO that cracks me up
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 01:42:14 pm by zchic »
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 03:20:46 pm »
i dunno,i suppose i shouldnt go picking names before i know if i have him or not! with my luck she gave him away 2 seconds before i contacted her lol. what i really would like to do though, if she will agree, is take my pup to her house when i go to meet him and possibly *take him home...oooh!* and see how they react to each other, i know Chloe will be fine, she LOVES other dogs of all ages and sizes, but i want to make sure hes ok with her. *hopefully* they get along well, and even *better* if they, eh hem, fall in llloooovvveee lol. we will see though, she is going to call me today to get some details. here are the questions i think im going to ask

-has he been around kids, if so what are the ages and how did it go
-Why are you getting rid of him
-have you had him heartworm tested yet, and is he on any preventative meds. (even if he has been tested, i will take him again when i get Chloe tested because i trust my vet and will take him in for a good look over)
-has he been around cats, how is he with them
-hes regestered with AKC, is he full registration or limited
-will you take him back if he has any health problems within the next few days, (if diagnosed by a vet) and give me a FULL refund.

umm i cant think of anything else, if you guys could post some questions that you think i may need to ask that would be helpful. im going out of town to race today so i wont be back untill late tomorrow. but i can read them then, and they would be of some help. just remember im not getting him from a breededer, shes adopting him out. i dont know how that whole thing works because ive only bought one dog and it was from a breeder, and my parents always bought from breeders. let me know! you guys are always sooo helpful. i hope little *Moocow* ::) can come home to us!

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 05:18:34 pm »
I know with the dogs I have/had... The vet just started them on heartworm meds around 4-6 months of age without even testing them...I guess because they are pups and shouldn't have them that early???
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 05:20:42 pm »
you might want to be careful meeting them if you want to do it in their house, because your baby might be ok, but you're bringing a new dog into *his* territory.  if he's neutered, chances are it's probably a limited registration (i think you said he was neutered).  anywho, i can't wait to see pics!  i LOVE seeing new babies!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 05:21:07 pm »
I know with the dogs I have/had... The vet just started them on heartworm meds around 4-6 months of age without even testing them...I guess because they are pups and shouldn't have them that early???

my vet usually starts testing around 1 year old
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]