Author Topic: Ziwipeak?  (Read 2792 times)

mama23+pyrs2

Ziwipeak?
« on: September 27, 2007, 05:59:20 pm »

http://www.ziwipeak.com/Products/ZiwiPeak-Cuisine/Cuisine-Family/

Anyone heard of this new food? Just thought it was interesting and hadn't heard or seen it before. I just got back from a pet food place by me looking for some Eagle Pack and got to talking with the guy there, who I found out seems to know little about food in general.. and once again he told me that the protein content of the food..like the grain free (we were talking about Orijen) wasn't the problem, but the calcium ratio was. Which I've heard both sides of course.. But he gave me some samples of Acana which is related to Orijen in some way..and a sample of this new Ziwipeak food that he just got in and hadn't put on the shelf yet. It looks like little pieces of beef jerky- it's air dried and I haven't looked into it a lot yet but it's all meat based I believe. AND incredibly expensive but apparently they don't consume a lot of it.

Anyway, I mixed the little sample of it into Yukons brkfst that he never touched just to get him to eat something..or see if he would and of course he acted like he hadn't eaten in a month, finished every single piece of food in there, including his regular Innova. I don't know what that means besides he is bored with regular food? I don't want to have to mix in stuff with this food regularly to get him to eat but I desperately want to see him eat and gain some weight.

Just thought I'd see if any of you have seen that food around or had any opinions on it. I know mine are too young for it just yet.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Ziwipeak?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 06:49:17 pm »
I have heard about it but it seemed too expensive  :P

Dogs do get bored with the same food and need to eat different flavors and textures. Pyrs are really picky breed and known for that.

I put Lily on Rabbit formula by Natures Variety and she is going crazy for every cup now...I am sure it will be over in two weeks  ;D
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 07:58:16 pm »
Yeah you're right, it wouldn't last long I'm sure. He was excited when I switched to Innova and that lasted maybe a week, same with other samples I try they devour it...but probably wouldn't always. He'd probably never tire of actual meat though I'm thinking. I'm just used to dogs eating when you feed them, never met a dog as picky as these!

Offline Edwpang

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 10:36:53 pm »
ZiwiPeak 'Daily-Dog' Cuisine Venison Dog Diet 2.2 lb Pouchpad

SALE PRICE $21.95!!!
It's insane. :o

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 11:51:23 pm »
Yeah it's insanely priced. When he asked and I told him what breed I have, he just laughed and said nevermind lol. He told me the 2.2 lb bag was like $22 for the cat food and would last an average sized cat a week. Crazy.