Author Topic: TRANSPORT HELP!!!  (Read 7466 times)

Offline Cai Li

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
TRANSPORT HELP!!!
« on: October 02, 2007, 02:44:30 am »
I am going to be fostering two senior aussie dogs and I need some help with transportation . The dogs are located in florida and I am in colorado. I do have someone that is willing to help with part of transport but it is a long way to go for the dogs. Anyone out there that can help??? These dogs are going to be PTS if they can not find a home or foster soon because the owners are moving and can not take them with them. please help.

Julia
A wagging tail lifts you when life has let you down.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: TRANSPORT HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 04:44:02 am »
I'd love to help transport, but I'm in the Pacific Northwest.  Darn, no transports ever seem to come through this area.   :D  I bet that some of our SW and Midwest BPO members will be on in the morning with suggestions though.

It's really wonderful that you are helping out these sweet seniors.  I hate to think of them being PTS.  :(  I'm sure that they'll make wonderful buddies for someone.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Nicole

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 01:27:22 pm »
I might be able to help if they go through this a-way. I'm in Northwest Indiana, about an hour east of Chicago.

Offline Cai Li

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 03:45:23 pm »
Right now we are still trying to find a rescue that can take them but if that is not going to work out they will be coming to Pueblo Colorado. I will map quest the directions so that everyone has a better clue about the rout that would be taken.

Julia

Offline Cai Li

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 03:50:17 pm »
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&ct=NA&rsres=1&1ffi=&1l=&1g=&1pl=&1v=&1n=&2ffi=&2l=&2g=&2pl=&2v=&2n=&1pn=&1a=&1c=tampa+bay&1s=fl&1z=&2pn=&2a=&2c=pueblo&2s=co&2z=81004&r=f

Here is what I got from mapquest. It's a long route but these dogs are going to be PTS if there is not a home found or foster or rescue by the 10th. So if anyone can help with transport or foster or anything else it would be greatly appreciated.

Julia

Offline bhender254

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 10:46:02 am »
I'm in Omaha Nebraska. I'd be willing to help out if they come this way.

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 10:42:33 pm »
Cai Li- I sent you a PM on this.
Paige

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007, 02:29:02 am »
If they can get close to Pensacola I can get them from there to maybe the Baton Rouge area.  I live in Mobile.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Cai Li

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 12:12:11 pm »
I am SOOOOOOO sorry that I was not able to get in touch with you all that have so kindly offered your help. I had some major computer problems (virus from my teenagers) and have not been on in a long time. We did manage to find a local foster family in FL but they are still in need of a forever home. I can't give them a forever home just a foster was all I could do and that was kind of stretching it anyway. If any of you would be interested either of these two please pm me and hopefully I won't have any more computer problems. Again sooo sorry about that.

Julia