Author Topic: HELP FAUST IS LOST!!!!!  (Read 13996 times)

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
HELP FAUST IS LOST!!!!!
« on: October 06, 2007, 11:17:41 am »
Last night, 10/06/07, Faust took off in the thunderstorm and we've been searching everywhere. Local AC did get an almost immediate call on him, but they were unable to find him. Please crosspost this info, we are freaking out!

Lost Dog in Berkshires, MA.
Faust is an older, neutered purebred German Shepherd. He is a black and tan, with a lot of sabling/grey on his back & neck. He took off because of a thunderstorm, and is probably very scared. He loves tennis balls, frisbees, sticks and rocks. Faust's teeth are a bit worn down and he has 2 white nails, one in front, one in back. He does have a black collar on with tags, if found please call us at any time and leave a message if we are not able to answer the phone.

Faust was last seen on West Rd in Lee, MA by RT 7 going towards Stockbridge, MA. If you have any info please call us at 413 243 2526 or email at torizmojo@gmail.com We are devistated!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...20041Small.jpg
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
Re: HELP FAUST IS LOST!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 11:39:01 am »
Oh no!! Surely someone will find your baby Moni. Sending positive thoughts (((hugs)))
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 12:57:50 pm »
OMG Moni! I am so sad to hear this! I really really hope he is found soon, safe and sound!
we'll be prayin for him to be found. any updates please post!!!!

Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 01:20:11 pm »
Ok Jay just went back over to farm and drove around the neighborhood some more.  A guy said that he saw Faust around 8am this morning on a nearby road, so he's going to drop me and Tori off to walk around (its heavily wooded) and he and Spencer will drive to nearby houses. 

I'll update when I get back.

We already called all the local vets, ac, pd and radio stations.  Also posted him on all the online lost and found, including Petfinder and Craigslist...

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 01:53:09 pm »
our paws are crossed for a quick safe return!!!!!

nickers and the puppers
NICKI

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 02:53:32 pm »
OMG! Hurry home, Faust!!!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 03:14:21 pm »
I'm delighted to say that Faust has been found!!!!!  He was seen multiple times on a nearby road.  Jay and Spencer found him on his way back from a service road to a McDonalds Rest stop a couple miles down the road.  I'm thinking that he smelled the food this AM, since a lady saw him on the other end of the road when she woke.

Jay said that it took a while to get him because he was pretty skittish.  Thank you all for your thoughts.  I think Ang has magical powers because after we found him and got home I called her and she was only 5 min away!  So her entering Lee must've made us find him!  :) :) :) :)

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007, 03:26:11 pm »
Glad that you found Faust! ;D
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 03:27:04 pm »
 :D ;D YAY, faust, dont ever scare mummy and daddy so bad again! they love you too much...
Im soooo glad that hes home. Give him a big hug from us up here in Canada *Hugs to you too*
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2007, 03:34:01 pm »
I'm so happy that you found him. You feel so helpless when your furbaby is missing. I'm sending you a hug and sending Foust slobbers from my crew.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline Mallory's Mommy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 03:45:10 pm »
I'm so glad you were able to find Faust and that he's home safe and sound. Mallory isn't even here yet and already I can't imagine how heartbreaking and terrifying it would be to lose her.

~ Mary
Mary, mommy to Mallory, the Saint Bernard pup

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2007, 03:57:53 pm »
THANK GOODNESS!  what a wonderful feeling it is right when you first see them again!!!!  im so glad everyone is home safe!!!!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

nickers
NICKI

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2007, 06:52:05 pm »
Mojo gave him a good once over once we brought Faust back inside.  I think he was worried too.  Faust is now laying on the couch, he's pretty sore  and achy from being wet and walking around so much.  I guess that a couple of different people saw him, but were afraid to approach him.  I told them that I understood since he is a fairly large German Shepherd and didn't know what his temperament was.  From what we were able to piece together here's what happened;

Not long after Faust disappeared, a woman down the road spotted him in her yard.  She said that he hung around, so she put out some water for him.  He was seen a little later that night by someone at the 4-way intersection, carrying some small dead animal.  Yum....   :blurp:

Later that night he went back to the first woman's house and spent the night in her barn.  She woke up and he was laying on her lawn so she told him nicely that he should go home.  Faust then go scared and ran off with his tail between his legs into the woods, running further down the road. 

A cyclist saw him around 8am almost back to the the 4-way a mile or so from our house.  After that Faust made it down to the service road that leads to the McDonald's rest stop off of the MassPike.  I'm thinking that he smelled the food cooking, but decided against it after he heard traffic since he is scared of big trucks and loud cars.  Spencer spotted Faust walking back towards the intersection from the truck that Jay was using.  Meanwhile Tori and I were walking around asking everyone if they had seen him.  We were so happy when we saw Jay and Spencer drive up with Faust in the backseat!

I think that he was trying to get home, but at the end of West Rd(where the mouth of our driveway is) it meets up with RT 7.  I think once he started getting closer towards RT 7, he heard all the cars going by and got spooked and didn't know what to do.  I am so lucky that he is scared of the loud cars, because otherwise he might have gotten hit.  :(

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2007, 07:57:28 pm »
Moni, I am so glad you guys found him!  See, he just wanted an Egg McMuffin...  :D  Faust - you're a bad boy for making your Mommy worry like that, but we are so happy you're home!
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2007, 08:02:07 pm »
LOL  Yes, I told him if he ever gets a McCraving again, just ask!!!! Geesh!!!   :o :o :o

I want to thank you all again, that was one of the scariest things that I've ever been through. My dogs are never outside alone, but what happened was we had company over. I was inside and thought that Faust was out with Jay(because he likes hanging out with the guys playing fetch). Jay OTOH saw the kids go in with the other dogs and figured that Faust had went inside with them. So I am ashamed to say that we don't know exactly when he got scared and ran off. I feel like such a horrible mom and I am so thankful that we found him safe and sound.