Author Topic: Yet another dog food question...  (Read 2495 times)

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Yet another dog food question...
« on: October 17, 2007, 01:34:48 pm »
I just thought I would get your input on a food that a co-worker is considering.  His yellow lab, Tex, is currently on Science Diet and of course I challenged him to look at and compare the ingredients using the information Holly has so graciously given us from her food dissertation.  Thanks again Holly.  Well he has read it and has decided to switch to Blue Dog food and also supplement with Dinovite 

http://www.dinovite.com/

Donovite is also something I'm curious about as well.  Would it be necessary to supplement the food if they are already getting enough supplements from their food? 

Okay here are the ingredients of the Blue Dog Food and also has anyone heard of or used this brand? 

Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Whole Ground Brown Rice, Whole Ground Barley, Oatmeal, Rye, Whole Potatoes, Chicken Fat (preserved with Natural Mixed Tocopherols), Menhaden Fish Meal (natural source of DHA-Docosahexaneoic Acid), Tomato Pomace (natural source of Lycopene), Natural Chicken Flavor, Whole Carrots, Whole Sweet Potatoes, Dried Egg, Blueberries, Cranberries, Flaxseed, Barley Grass, Dried Parsley, Alfalfa Meal, Kelp Meal, Taurine, L-Carnitine, L-Lysine, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Green Tea Extract, Turmeric, Garlic, Sunflower Oil (natural source of Omega 6 Fatty Acids), Herring Oil (natural source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids), Fructooligosac charides, Monooligosacch arides, Dried Chicory Root, Black Malted Barley, Oil of Rosemary, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin C, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Beta Carotene, Calcium Ascorbate (source of Vitamin C), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Niacin (Vitamin B3), Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Folic Acid, Biotin, Choline Chloride, Calcium Phosphate, Zinc Amino Acid Complex (source of Chelated Zinc), Iron Amino Acid Complex (source of Chelated Iron), Copper Amino Acid Complex (source of Chelated Copper), Manganese Amino Acid Complex (source of Chelated Manganese), Potassium Amino Acid Complex (source of Chelated Potassium), Cobalt Proteinate (source of Chelated Cobalt), Dicalcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Selenite, Salt, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bacillus subtilis, Bifidobacteriu m thermophilum, Bifidobacteriu m longum, Enterococcus faecium.
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline bhender254

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: Yet another dog food question...
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 02:07:00 pm »
Is this food made by Blue Buffalo?  If it is that's what I am currently feeding. I switched to it about a month ago. So far I like the results.

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Yet another dog food question...
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 02:09:49 pm »
Yes it is.  I should have posted the link.  Here it is.
http://www.bluebuff.com/why-blue/health-philosophy.shtml
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.