Author Topic: Aussie owners, can you help me with pictures? (updated with pics)  (Read 6244 times)

Offline AnnaCrew

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
    • Come and pat Grace
Hi! Last night a new foster come into my house - a lady took her to the shelter, and did not give any info on the pup. Nothing. For me the baby looks very alike Australian shepherd pup. She has brown nose, these amber colour eues and is white/brown colour, with dark spots on her muzzle and brown spots on her white socks.
The only thing her coat seems to be a bit shorted than PB aussies have. So I'm asking you - do you have any pictures of your pups at 10-12 weeks of age so I can compare her coat and body structure?
I even can not post a picture of her now as my camera will be back on Wednesday only (if that).

I know many people here have collies and shelties, so please help me.

Maybe you can tell me which breed mix she could be?
She has light brown spots on her white paws and white end of tail.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 06:14:16 am by AnnaCrew »
http://ozolkalni.blogspot.com/
Come and pat Grace athttp://en.uniteddogs.com/dog/16498

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Aussie owners, can you help me with pictures? (updated with pics)
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 08:30:12 am »
She looks a little Border Collie like to me?

Offline AnnaCrew

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
    • Come and pat Grace
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 12:06:35 pm »
THANK YOU! She looks exactly like the last pup! I was told that Aussie pups have longer coat that our baby, but she has exactly the same coat as the last baby, only she is not so brown, she is orange? Yellow? Something like that.

She is guite a big girl, about the same size as GSD pup at that age, very fast, playful and soo happy velcro dog already!
Very keen to learn things - since her arrival she has learned her name (we named her Holly), sit, paw, recall is perfect, and she has learned also that no means no, very easy. Now we are learning to bring the toys back...

She eats with our dogs their two meals together - brave lil girl, and our alpha is watching like hawk that she will get as much as she wants and nobody will push her out of dish. (Then she has her own 2 meals, bit she is not so keen then, she wants to eat with big boys already).

She likes brushing (her coat was in poor condition), she is dewormed (she was full of worms too), and now she is just very happy and enjoyable foster!
http://ozolkalni.blogspot.com/
Come and pat Grace athttp://en.uniteddogs.com/dog/16498

Offline Shadowsmom

• Gnawer
  • Shadow ~ lab/newfie mix at 10 weeks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 01:39:04 pm »
Is her tail naturally docked? Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all Aussies have naturally docked tails? BC's have tails, I know. So I would think that third pic of the puppies above is not an Aussie because of the tail.

My Aussie has the docked tail and when we were looking for an Aussie puppy, they all had docked tails.

Is her coat brown or red? She looks like she could be a red tri. The markings look right, the ears look right, but maybe a bit big. The face looks a bit long to me to be an Aussie. she's probably a mix, but there very well could be some Aussie in there. She's very pretty!
Amy
fur babies:
Lily ~ Aussie ~ 9 yrs
Shadow ~ Lab/Newfie ~ puppy
4 kitties, and 6 baby kitties
2 Guinea hens
1 goat
2 rabbits
1 old chicken and 30 chicks
20 guinea keets
*whew!* that's a mouthful!

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 01:52:30 am »
Whatever she is she sure is a cute!

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 10:42:30 am »
how can a tail be naturally docked?

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 10:54:31 am »
Aussie's tails are NOT "naturally docked". Most breeders dock them within days after they are born. As a previous aussie mom, I think she looks 90% Aussie. Her nose looks a little thin, but the coloring and the hair length are fine. She's probably not a show-dog aussie, but who cares? She may have some genetic kick back from down the line on one side of the family, but the important thing is she is 100% adorable!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain