Author Topic: Question about puppy teeth  (Read 4170 times)

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
Question about puppy teeth
« on: October 24, 2007, 07:55:41 am »
So, Miles is losing puppy teeth like crazy, but some of his adult teeth are coming in, yet his puppy teeth haven't fallen out yet! Like, in the front those itty bitty teeth in the front are still there...but the adult teeth are also growing in, so he's doubling up on the front teeth! Am I going to have to take him to the doggy dentist!?
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Question about puppy teeth
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 08:01:41 am »
Oh no, he's got the shark jaw...  haha.  I would keep an eye on them.  Sometimes they will take a little longer to fall out (esp. the k9s) but usually they will a few day's later.  Just watch them and if you notice the gums becoming more swollen and red then you may want to make a visit to the vet.  This actually happened with my cat Linus and also with Rosco.  It never turned into a problem for us.  Good luck.
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Lyn

Re: Question about puppy teeth
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 08:02:34 am »
That happened with Lola's front teeth too. Her adult teeth did eventually push a couple of them out. But she had a few stubborn ones so I went and got her a raw bone from the butcher. She was using her front teeth to try and pull the meat off the bone and popped out the remaining puppy teeth in the process. LOL
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 08:03:27 am by Lyn »