Author Topic: dog bed suggestions?  (Read 5156 times)

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
dog bed suggestions?
« on: October 27, 2007, 06:50:30 pm »
Hello everyone! I'm a newbie, both to this forum and with my Great Pyrenees. I just adopted her last week. My other dog has always slept on a dog bed and I was hoping to get Jenny in that habit as well. Do you guys have any recommendation s for good beds for big dogs? Thanks!
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: dog bed suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 07:02:28 pm »
Before I got my pup I went all out shopping and got two beds for each level. She loves to use one to eat her treat and the other one to eat her treats upstairs. The only place she really likes sleeping on is our bed. It is tempur-pedic though. Now looking back...I would get a really good flat (not a big pillow) bed so Lily could enjoy it without cutting circulation in my feet, LOL! 
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 07:26:11 am »
We got Rosie one of those thin, nylon-covered dog liners/beds that are made for a dog igloo. We figured it had adequate padding and also allowed her to have a laying surface that's relatively cooler than one made with fabric. It's also really easy to clean, just wipe it with a damp cloth.

I've wanted to get a Coolaroo for her. I'd describe it as a 4-post hammock for dogs that allows air to circulate underneath the bed to help them stay cool. But I have not gotten one yet.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline mynameislola

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 07:39:45 am »
Crib mattresses work well.  If you put two fitted sheets on them, one on the bottom and one on the top, you can take them off easily for washing. 
The canine kids:
     Cody Newfoundland
     Wally Italian Mastiff
     Zita Italian Mastiff
     Sparky Chihuahua

Offline mingaling

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • TheVelvetSnoot.com
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 10:32:43 am »
www.thevelvets noot.comCheck out the X Large Shabby Chic Throws (type it in the search box or go to Custom Dog Beds) IT's Giant and washable and VERY nice. Also, the Fatboy Doggie Loungers are on sale for Novermber. Cheaper than ever, they're 15% off Retail, and TheVelvetSnoot .com is less expensive than anyone else BEFORE their sale prices. Check out www.TheVelvetS noot.com
Discount Luxury for BIG DOGS! www.TheVelvetS noot.com