Author Topic: Merrick foods  (Read 2870 times)

Offline jennifer

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Merrick foods
« on: November 01, 2007, 07:35:01 am »
Just wondering if anyone uses Merrick foods (canned or dry, cat or dog) and what they think of it.
:) Jennifer
Mom to Saint Nakita and Charlie the cat

RIP sweet Bear (9/02-8/08)

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
Re: Merrick foods
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 07:52:45 am »
We also used Merrick's canned food.  For the dry we use Solid Gold but, we split a can of Merrick's 4 ways once in awhile as a treat for extra dinner flavor.  I agree the flavors sound very good, almost human like.  Well it is human grade food, so I guess that is pretty close.  Our guys love the Smothered Comfort, Granny's Pot pie, and the Brats & Tots!  Hysterical names too!

Anita & the 4 Newfies from NJ

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 08:21:09 am »
My guys love the Merrick canned foods.  They get the Solid Gold dry food with a little bit of the Merrick (or other brand) canned food.  "Grammy's Chicken Pot Pie" is their favorite!

I have bought small bags of the dry before and use it just as a supplement to their Solid Gold on occasion, a handful or two thrown in as a treat.  The pieces are really small, but they like the dry too.
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 08:24:42 am »
I use the Merrick wet but have never tried the dry.  I use Innova Evo for dry with my horde.  I usually buy the lunchbox that has a wide variety of food.  Mine love it all.  You can order it online directly from them and have it shipped to you. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 07:30:51 am »
We have been feeding Zoey Merrick's 'Cowboy Cookout' dry food for awhile now. I wish it had a higher meat-to-grain ratio, but I'd have to say I'm pretty happy with it because Zoey has become a very picky eater and she loves it. It has this sprayed on gravy stuff, and when you add a little hot water, it makes it like you have coated it in real gravy, which Zoey loves. She isn't really into it dry but if we add a little water water like they suggest she gobbles it up happily
RIP former BPO