Author Topic: Hello all  (Read 6856 times)

Offline buzz

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Hello all
« on: November 08, 2007, 04:20:04 pm »
I was doing a research on my grass eating doberman when i came across this site and found so many answers!
We just bought a 12 months old male doberman called Buzz. He is the most loveliest dog i have ever met! and althought we only had him for a week it feels as if we have known him for ages.The only thing is that buzz likes to nip. he sites on his back legs barks really loud and tries to nip me.Is this because he knows that he is going to the vet next week to have the snip? Or is it beacause he is still getting used to us?

Offline buzz

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Hello all
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 04:12:21 am »
Thank you very much ladies you have been so helpful. As Buzz is my first dog i need all the help and tips all you dobie owners can give. He is such a lovely and kind dog but although we have a very large fenced garden he learned to jump over the fence today and ended up in the fields chasing pheasants and partridges! And i can't let him of the leash when we go for a walk as i don't really know he would come back when i call him. :(( We are going to take him to a dog training school i think and oh i will sort my avatar out which is his picture.He is such a cutie! :))

Offline buzz

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 07:00:03 am »
Yes thanks for that just ordered a few book on amazon. So my husband and i would train him and with the traing school we hope that our buzz would be the best behaved boy in town.
He is not all aggrasive but as i mentioned before he does like to nip and bark does getting dogs castrated calm them down as everyone says?

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 03:29:13 pm »
Hello and welcome!

I agree with everything said here.  :D

My name is Chris and I am mom to Keiko, a husky/shep mix, Gunther, a great dane, and Nigel and Posey, two rat terriers.

Offline buzz

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 04:38:11 pm »
Just a quick thank you to Julie,tina and chris(hope i have not left anyone out) for your replies and your help you tips have been very useful.
My name is niloufar and i am buzz's mum. We live in the UK.
:)

Offline buzz

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 05:46:04 pm »
well we have been saying no and walking away and to be honest he got much better in just one day! he is so bright! and we did take him off the lead in the safe place when went for a walk and he was soo good he did run but he came back when we called him. I was so proud.lol thanks again for your help
:)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 08:24:12 pm »
Great to hear!
Pups can be quick studies, they are so eager to learn (well, most of them I have a couple of dunces here :D )
He sounds very smart and I'm sure will be a breeze for training  ;)
Good luck.  :)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 03:05:05 am »
Welcome to the board and Buzz is a total cutie.  I'm Kat and my pups are listed below in the signature. 

Kaila is a mouthy dog.  When we are playing she will take my hand or arm into her mouth and just hold onto it.  I taught her "no bite" when she was a pup so that she doesn't put any pressure down but I never could really break her of the mouthyness.  So we compromised and since she only does this with me, I'm fine with it. 

For chewing on stuff that they shouldn't the "leave it" command works great.  When Shiner grabs something he shouldn't or start eyeing something I give him tell him leave it and then give him one of his toys.  They learn really quickly what's theirs and what's not. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience