Author Topic: Mallory's First Shopping Trip (with pics)  (Read 8380 times)

Offline Mallory's Mommy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Mallory's First Shopping Trip (with pics)
« on: November 16, 2007, 01:39:56 pm »
Mallory went on an all expenses paid shopping trip this afternoon, her very first, paid for by me. She was such a great ambassador for the breed and I couldn’t be prouder of her. ;D

On the drive to the store she peeked out of the window at the family in the minivan behind us; I’ve never had so much fun being stared at in all my life. Then an elderly couple pulled up beside us at a stoplight, he looked over, saw Mallory, nudged his wife so she’d look, and waved at us.

Between Mallory deciding to flop down in the midst of the parking lot and the people that stopped to talk to us on the way inside the store, it took us ten minutes to get from where we parked to the automatic doors. Then, we were barraged with compliments and people wanting to pet her. A little girl and future big dog owner I suspect, followed us around the store.

Mallory happily obliged everyone, tail wagging, tongue hanging out, wowing everyone with her Saint Bernard cuteness. It took us fifteen minutes to get to the back of the store where the beds were. Once we were there I threw out a few beds on the floor figuring Mallory would choose the one she wanted. She settled on a blue snuggle nest, the cheapest of all the beds. We have a bargain shopper! :-*

Once she plopped down in the aisle and settled on her bed it took another fifteen minutes of conversations and doting before we could switch aisles. Mallory, however, did not want to budge from her bed so we picked up the bed with her still on it, wedged it in the cart, and she napped for the rest of her shopping trip. I bought her apple deodorizing spray and she wasn’t even awake to appreciate it!

She met thirty people today, was barraged by five children, was called cute thirty times, fluffy ten times. An analogy was drawn between her and a horse once, I was warned that she was going to eat me out of house and home by seven different people, and I heard Beethoven referenced six different times. I even heard, “Look Mommy- Beethoven!”

The trainer at the store complimented her on what a low key puppy she is. Hardly anything startles her and she’s friendly to everyone, human and canine. She further reinforced my therapy dog hopes after puppy kindergarten and canine good citizen.

Now that we're home, I've brushed her, deodorized her, and found time to apply for a credit card with her picture on it already. I'll need it for all those future shopping excursions.  :D

« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 01:42:01 pm by Mallory's Mommy »
Mary, mommy to Mallory, the Saint Bernard pup

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Mallory's First Shopping Trip (with pics)
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 04:59:44 pm »
Okay, fess up.  You explained to this very bright little puppy that if she chose a less expensive bed, she could have more treats with the money left over didn't you?  I know you did.  The quickest way to a puppy's, dog's, man's, child's heart is through their stomach.  Your puppy is absolutely beautiful and I am sure just from looking at her that she is absolutely perfect too.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 05:19:15 pm »
She is adorable!  Great post and great pics!!

I wonder if all Sain puppies are "low key"?  Ted always was too.
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Lyn

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 05:34:13 pm »
Awww! She's too cute! Your giving me puppy fever. LOL

Bubba and Lola were very low key too. I remember when we first got Bubba everyone called him my 'doorstopper'. LOL He spent 90% of his time chilling/sleeping and he prefered to lay against the front door. He still does. :D

Offline Ouch

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Sadie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 06:09:58 pm »
It's a wonder you got home when you did ... she's is just a beauty and a pup you want to curl up with, specially after the deordorizer  ;D.  This coming from the girl that uses tons of Smells begone on Sadie before the evening hugs and after the evening explorations.  Sweet hugs Mallory !
Copper, 12 yr old American Cocker
Emmitt, 7 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Sadie, 2 yr old Newfie
OnryHenry, 17 yr old King Feline of KY

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 02:34:30 pm »
Oh my Goodness!!! Mallory is too adorable! ;D
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 06:15:39 pm »
She is SO cute!  :-*
Dogs laugh.... by wagging their tails

Annette, mother to:

Jagermeister - Bullmastiff
Bacardi - DSH terror cat

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 06:40:43 pm »
what a sweet little girl you have there.:)
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline Droolmonster

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 09:32:13 am »
Wow!  Mallory is beautiful.  My Saint just turned 10 months this week- it seems like Albus was 23 pounds just yesterday.  Today, He's 130!!!  I love every pound of him.  Best of luck!!!!

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 09:53:30 am »
OMG!!!  Mallory is just too cute!!  I just want to grab her up, give her kisses and bury my face in her fuzziness!

I had Saints as a child, several of them, but they were always rescued as adult dogs, so I don't know if Saint pups are low key in general.  I can say that Sierra was pretty calm for the first few months we had her.  She is now 10 1/2 months old and she's a maniac.  The only time she's not running around at 100 mph, is when she's sacked out restoring her energy for the next round of cat chasing.
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer