Author Topic: Hello all,  (Read 6620 times)

Offline ratdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Hello all,
« on: November 27, 2007, 12:41:59 pm »
I've been lurking here for a while and gleening info where possible. This forum seems like a good place to go when someone has a question.

I've been waiting for quite a bit of time to get a puppy - almost a year. I'm finally getting a Dobe pup in less than 2 weeks. She will be about 9&1/2 weeks old when I get her. I'm very excited and nervous at the same time. I've never had a big inside dog before and certainly not a Doberman. The only thing I'm nervous about is the potty training. But I hear that they learn quickly. I sooooo look forward to camping and hiking and going to the park with her. I just wanted to say HI to everyone and hope your Christmas is as great as mine!

Take care all,
ratdog
Best friends forever:
Tal, my cat, 1990-2007
Ratdog, my dog, 1992-2004

My new love:
Cody

Offline ratdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Hello all,
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 03:32:52 pm »
Hi Tina,

Thanks for the welcome. My name is Terri. Ratdog is the last sweetie I had, a Scottish Terrier. I love and miss her alot, as well as Tal, my cat.

Jack is adorable. How old is he and how long have you had him?

I'm naming the Dobe "Cody". I saw that name in a post earlier but I had chosen her name several months ago. I'll post some pics as soon as I can. She's 3 and 1/2 hours away from me so it will be another 2 weeks before I have any.

Thanks again for the welcome,
TC
Best friends forever:
Tal, my cat, 1990-2007

My new love:
Cody

Offline Ouch

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Sadie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 06:18:06 pm »
Hi Tina .. you're just gonna love this place !  I was honored to have been the Mom of DeeOooGee a sweet Dobe girl I rescued years ago, she had a bad beginning but was the greatest pup ever and was with me for 5 years before she went to get all her toys back from the dog next door at Rainbow Bridge.  Gaye/Ouch
Copper, 12 yr old American Cocker
Emmitt, 7 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Sadie, 2 yr old Newfie
OnryHenry, 17 yr old King Feline of KY

Nicole

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 06:19:20 pm »
Hey Terri! Welcome!

I've been really obsessing over Dobes lately! I can't wait to see puppy pics of your lil' girl. You'll love it here, and Jenn is an expert on Dobies. :)

Welcome to BPO!

Offline Amy (guffer)

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 06:29:42 pm »
Hi Terri!  Welcome to BPO.  My name's Amy and my fur family's listed in my signiture.  I just joined a few months ago, and now it's always my first stop when I turn on the computer.  Everyone here is so nice and helpful.  You're going to have so much fun with your dobie girl!  Congratulation s! ;D

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 09:39:31 pm »
Hello Terry!  Welcome to BPO!  Glad you joined and can't wait to see pics of your little girl Cody when you finally get to go get her!  The waiting is the hardest part eh?  ;)  Anyways, I'm Alex, and my pups are in my signature!
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline ratdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 10:04:33 am »
Hey everbody!

It's great to meet you! There are some pretty big paws represented on this forum!

The breeder sent me some pics last night. She is adorable! And fat! LOL Eats like a pig! She said that she has a real good personality and is already getting some of her potty habits down a little bit. I just look forward to getting her and really glad that she'll be with us for Christmas. I'll have to burn my credit card after the holidays!!! LOL

I'd been saving money for a new motorcycle. I told mom, "Well, there goes the motorcycle!" And don't regret it one bit.

Thanks again for the welcome. I look forward to getting to know you. And I will need help with the pics because I am quite challenged in that area as well.  :D

Take care all,
ratdog (Terri)
Best friends forever:
Tal, my cat, 1990-2007

My new love:
Cody

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 10:12:44 am »
Welcome, welcome!!!  You will love it here, it can be quite addicting if you're not careful!!  My mom has a dobe who is an absolute doll.  Can't wait to see puppy pics! 
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline ratdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 02:35:53 pm »
Thank you, Jenn. That link will certainly come in handy. I was looking for some place on the site to explain that. And I just bought a digital camera. I have been thinking about it for a long time but now with Cody coming it is time to go ahead and do it.

Thanks again.

Terri
Best friends forever:
Tal, my cat, 1990-2007

My new love:
Cody