Author Topic: Attack Skunk!!  (Read 3563 times)

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Attack Skunk!!
« on: November 30, 2007, 04:32:29 am »
I was walking the dogs on these wooded trails at a nearby park, which I have walked for years...but I have never come across a skunk at 1:00pm walking down the path!!  :o  Not only that, but of course Tipper went to check it out and before it registered in my brain that it was indeed a skunk in the middle of the day, the damage was done--poor Tipper skunked right in the face. Ugh. Then this brazen little skunk took off after me and Jenny with its tail raised like a little flag--we had to literally run away from it before it got us!  Needless to say, I spent the rest of the day bathing Tipper and he still stinks!  ::)
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
Re: Attack Skunk!!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 07:32:23 pm »
One of my mom's Siberian huskies used to find every skunk in the county it seems.  he was always getting sprayed.  She also used douche.  She used to buy the powdered kind cause you got more for less money. 

She and my step father's daughter, Robin, used to be good friends and would always see who could embarrass each other more.  It was a little game that they had.  Well the dog got sprayed once and they went to get the douche.  They were on line with their arms full of the stuff and Robin said "Do you think we have enough?"  And my mom said, "I don't know.  You're the one with the problem."  Robin never did get her back for that one.
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer