Author Topic: My husband's "other woman"....lol...  (Read 4164 times)

Offline shine

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
My husband's "other woman"....lol...
« on: December 16, 2007, 12:26:30 pm »
Here is a picture of my husband John and our Dolly, who I call his "other woman", lol.  These two are such a trip.  Dolly was a rescue who we were supposed to re-home....but they fell madly in love in less than 48 hours, and 6 years later that love is still going strong.  Dolly worships the ground John walks on....when he comes home every day she squeaks and squeals with glee.  She spends most evenings lying on his lap and looking up at him adoringly.  When he talks to her she jumps up and down in ecstasy.  He seems to feel the same way about her.  He talks baby talk and sings to her and calls her many ridiculously affectionate nicknames.  Every night when he goes up to bed he takes her with him...where she spends the rest of the night snuggled up against him (MUST be touching Daddy in the bed at all times, you know). 

Dolly is a big smiler...I've never seen a dog smile quite like her (we don't know what she is so we jokingly call her our "Rare West Virginia Smiling Hound", lol)....and all you have to do is say the word 'Daddy' and she breaks out in a giant grin.  I'm tellin ya, this is one of the World's Greatest Love Stories....hah aha...... 
Sharing my life and love with
Bodhi - Newfoundland
Rio - Loyal Lab/Beagle Mix
Zildjian - Dalmatian
Dolly - Weird Hound Mix
Stubby - Weird Corgi Mix
Ribbit - Grumpy Cocker Mix
House Cats - Bump, Delilah, Stashe, Mischa, Moose
Barn Cats - Archie, Betty, Midge
The Pigs - Ginger & Marianne

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: My husband's "other woman"....lol...
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 01:10:44 pm »
Very cute indeed. Lucky man.  :D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline jennifer

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: My husband's "other woman"....lol...
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 02:23:40 pm »
Lucky man, lucky dog. Perfect match. :) Thanks for sharing!
:) Jennifer
Mom to Saint Nakita and Charlie the cat

RIP sweet Bear (9/02-8/08)