Author Topic: Introducing Lucy.........................  (Read 5944 times)

Offline Lucysdad

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Introducing Lucy.........................
« on: July 28, 2005, 12:29:16 am »
As I've already posted a couple times, it seems I should introduce Lucy more formaly. Her best buddy Mutt is in some pics too, small paws-big attitude. Lucy loves him anyway, even more than bones.
Lucy's Dad (Gene)

Outside a Dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside a Dog it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing Lucy.........................
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 12:30:55 am »
ahhh....great pics...picking up my big paw baby tomarrow...... .so excited
Timmie

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 12:32:03 am »
Willow will have 2 small paws with very large tudes

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 07:58:41 am »
Lucy looks like a great girl!  :)

Looks like this thread posted twice, but with different pictures. You should post the other pictures in this thread so people don't get confused and miss some cute pics
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 08:16:17 am by shangrilarcadia »
RIP former BPO

Offline Lucysdad

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 10:29:33 pm »
Yeah, I goofed some how. I don't know how too fix it right so I'll try this and see if I can get it sorted........ .............. ....

I think it's working....... .............. ....
Lucy's Dad (Gene)

Offline Lucysdad

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 12:40:23 pm »
The car pic was taken by a proffesional photographer for the local paper, The Oregonian.

Lucy and I were driving 'cross town to my grandma's house (I'm not making this up), and some guy in a large SUV pulls up and starts laying on the horn.

When You drive a MG Midget with a Great Dane in the passenger seat people sorta remember you. They confront you in the grocery store, walking down the street, in restaurants... ............ So you become very aware of your driving, and very courteous of other drivers....... .......

The guy starts yelling and I'm trying to think who I could've cut off or run over and he finally rolls down his so I can understand him. He says he works for the Oregonian and could we pull into a nearby parking lot and drive back and forth while he takes Lucy's picture. The next day she was in the Metro section (Wed. Feb. 13th), my mom bought a bunch of those. I exchanged a few emails with him and he sent me a full size JPEG of the original in color.

When driving in a very small convertible with a very large dog pass other motorists with extreme caution, they will not be watching the road!
Lucy's Dad (Gene)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2005, 12:43:26 pm »
we get that a lot in the Jeep and the heads are hanging out of the window.  People think our girls are going to snack on them at a red light or jump out and attack.   
Lady did come out the window once but it was only cuz she saw me coming out of the store and wanted to know what was in the bag.  :)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2005, 01:00:31 pm »
I bet you did.  that's a lot of dogs.  :)  Lady and Grace will bop around in the back of the Cherokee and shift from side to side in a step or two and the Jeep tilts and jiggles. 
I wonder if insurance would cover tippage by dog.  ???

Icerotti

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2005, 01:23:45 pm »
Welcome Lucy..she takes great photos. I guess we have a celebrity in the making ;)

Offline Saljen

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Rosie with icy whiskers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2005, 02:29:41 pm »
Lucy is BEAUTIFUL! just gorgeous. love the pic from the newspaper... those ears!  :D i have a Lucy but she'd prolly just about stand under yours. my big girl Rosie sits on the couch and chairs just like that, with her front paws on the floor and her rear on the seat. so funny looking. she'll stay like that for a long time too.

Offline Lucysdad

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2005, 05:21:19 pm »
Lucy is BEAUTIFUL! just gorgeous. love the pic from the newspaper... those ears!  :D i have a Lucy but she'd prolly just about stand under yours. my big girl Rosie sits on the couch and chairs just like that, with her front paws on the floor and her rear on the seat. so funny looking. she'll stay like that for a long time too.

I wouldn't have had them cropped, but that's how she came. And she's very expressive with them. Some friends call that her "Sally Fields" or "Flying Nun" look.......... .....

That posture on the couch usually olny lasts til she's confident she won't get told to get down. Then she starts to sneek the rest of the way up. Pretty funny really, like when she tries to sneek up on the bed and thinks NOBodies gonna notice the little bitty Great Dane laying across them.
Lucy's Dad (Gene)

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2005, 06:00:55 pm »
Glad to meet Lucy and Mutt. I love the bath picture, Welcome to BPO
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline cue755

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2005, 06:40:12 pm »
I too Like the car picture :o) Hi, I'm Ices Dad.... Lucy Looks like Ice but he has more spots and patches! Love those Flying Nun Ears! lol Take Care All, Ices Dad
Ice & Ices Dad

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2005, 10:35:52 pm »
Thanks everybody for sharing the stories.  And welcome Lucy and dad, great shots.  Makes my day a little brighter reading about all this.

Peggy
Peggy

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2005, 12:56:30 am »
Love it!...Lovin' the story behind your avatar!!...Love the avatar too!...She is a very pretty girl!!