Author Topic: Help something is wrong with Spike!!!!!  (Read 10151 times)

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
Re: Help something is wrong with Spike!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2005, 08:52:13 am »
Hope all is well with Spike....let us know what the vet said....

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2005, 08:59:03 am »
I am so sorry that your family is not helping you out.  Some times they just do not understand that they are our babies.  The might have four legs but they are loved just and much as the ones that have two.  That is the great thing about this group everyone understands just how much we love our fur-babies.  He is very lucky to have a Mom that loves him. Don't worry about overreacting we all do it all the time.  My vets know that if I am worried about any little thing Sugar Bear or Dixie will be in for them to take a look.  I keep two different vets so that if one is out of town I have another one that knows my dogs.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline SPIKESMOMMY

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2005, 09:17:11 am »
Thank you all of you ! You have put my mind a little at ease . I hate feeling helpess it drives me crazy I am a very independent person and I hate feeling powerless and stuck.
I will take him to the vet as soon as I get home and I will stay with him tomorrow if he needs me my job be darned. I love Spike he is so sweet he does not have a mean bone in his body when he gets yelled at it hurts his feelings, if the cat takes a swipe at him it hurts his feelings he is a very sensitive boy and very much a love bug.
Rachael and Spike

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2005, 09:47:29 am »
I feel so bad for you!...It sucks big time to feel helpless!...I wish I could help you! :( Try not to worry too much though I know it is very dificult right now!...Worry will just drain you & nothing good comes of it....I will certainly be sending prayers that he is o.k. but I bet he just has something stuck in his throat..Please let us know that he is o.k. as soon as you are able to!

Offline SPIKESMOMMY

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2005, 12:35:11 pm »
It is firm when he goes. I was really looking for that. And as far as I can tell no gas and believe me the whole house can tell when he has gas. I am defiantly going to take him when I get home from work weather he looks or feels better or not. I am going to make my vet a very rich man I should by stock now. A couple weeks ago Spike drank out of my boyfriends in ground pool that is covered with the pool tarp cause the filter needs to be replaced and he is going to wait to get it done after the summer cause it will be a lot cheaper then his pool is a Olympic size pool a low diving board and a curly slide and all.  Any way Spike got the poos from it so off to the vet I went. The vet said I probably did not need to bring him in but he gave him so antibiotics and another prescription to stop the poos. I am such a worry wart that I kind of overreact sometimes. But Spike is the only person in my life I do that with usually I am the one people can count on in a pressure situation but when it comes to Spike I am just a puddle who runs for the vet at the slightest thing that makes me nervous. Oh and by the way what is Kennel cough again I have never had a dog that had it? I thought it was something a dog got from being in the pound with lots of sick dogs.
Rachael and Spike

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2005, 01:01:07 pm »
Well I am glad to hear that he doesnt have gas or the runs, that probably rules out a couple of things.

Kennel cough, is a bacterial infection caused by the organism Bordetella Bronchiseptica, well 80-90 % are caused by that organism, the other 10% are viral. In general the incubation is 3-5 days. And yes mostly you hear about it in dogs that has been in the shelter or most bording places require vaccination. But since the kennel cough comes in both bacterial and viral forms, it can be picked up basically anywhere, where there is a group of dogs. So if you are out of luck and go to the dog park you meet a dog that is infected but yet not show signs well voila.

The vaccines are either an internasal or injectable. The internasal is working much faster and give protection in as little as 5 or so days. While the injectable provide a longer immunity.

Okay that was a very "dry" post lol....

I hope he is feeling much better by the time you get home from work, and please let us know how he is as soon as you can.

Slobbers

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline SPIKESMOMMY

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2005, 01:36:19 pm »
I am getting  ready to leave in 20 min. As soon as I get home we are going. It will probably be a wait but I would rather have him there in the office just in case then sitting at home waiting to make an appointment.
Thank you all again for your help. I will post what happens first thing in the morning to let everyone know how it went. If I end up staying home I will try to use my boyfriends computer mine has been kaputz for months and I still have not got a new one I use my work computer.
Well talk to all of you tomorrow hopefully all good news and I am just overreacting to a minor problem.

Rachael and Spike

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2005, 01:38:15 pm »
Good Luck Spike, you might have to give your mommy a little support so she can make it to the vet  ;)

I will be keeping my fingers crossed and several paws are crossed too

Marit

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2005, 01:39:24 pm »
Good luck Rachael - I hope Spike is ok...
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Icerotti

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2005, 08:26:30 am »
Any word on Spike today???

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2005, 07:43:52 pm »
I hope Spike is fine. his mom said that if she has to stay home today, she might have a hard time  to get to a puter. I really really hope the reason she had to stay home isnt because Spike is feeling real bad though.

Marit

Icerotti

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2005, 11:27:51 am »
Hope to hear word about Spike soon. I hope everything is ok. :D

Offline jens2danes

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Dutchess & Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2005, 07:17:11 am »
Rachel How is Spike doing?Hope everything is ok.Jen and danes