Author Topic: Help! Sky's nose!!!  (Read 3895 times)

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Help! Sky's nose!!!
« on: December 30, 2007, 03:46:47 pm »
I may be able to update this with pictures later, but for now, I'll just try to explain. Sky's nose has always had changing pigment. He had a "butterfly" nose for most of his puppy days, and now most of it has filled in so that there is only one small pink spot. Recently, however the sides of his nose have "faded" or something. There are teensy little pink spots along the sides of his nose. What could this be caused by? The only thing I can think of is the change in weather, and him wanting to spend more time outside (caused by the sun?) We also took a trip up to the mountains and he played in the snow for HOURS (yes, I have pictures) and I kinda started it right after that. I'm just shooting out ideas, has this ever happened to anyones pups noses?
Leah
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Sammie- Newfoundland/Border Collie mix
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Stinky- Silver Marten rabbit
Ruby, Mambo and Charlotte- Rats
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Bailey the Wolf-Dog 1998-2007
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Sky's nose!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 04:09:26 pm »
Zero had something that sounded similar, im not sure if its the same though. but the side of his nose turned pink and it was caused by obsessive ball playing. he has his one ball that he was obsessed over *Zero has OCD* and anyway, it got wet outside, snowy and cold... and the cold + wet ball let to his nose being really gross. i dont remember what darcy called it. but it got better after spending some time AWAY from the wet cold ball.
hopefully Sky is alright and he will be good as new in notime ;)
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~