Author Topic: Newfie Snow-Bowling!  (Read 7996 times)

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Newfie Snow-Bowling!
« on: December 31, 2007, 04:58:59 pm »
This year was my in-laws' turn for Christmas. And so we made the 1,400 mile road trip to Michigan so we could bring Rosie along with us. At the first sight of snow, Rosie seemed to know exactly what to do in it; mainly eating it, laying on it, sitting on it, and rolling around in it. Our Texan Newfoundland saw snow and had the best time of her life. We had to get some video footage of her snow playtime.

http://www.youtube.com/v/OIfxhZe_21s
Rosie - Newfoundland

lorim2

Re: Newfie Snow-Bowling!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 05:49:31 pm »
I forgot you dont live far from me!  So I guess snow was really new for Rosie too!  Looks like she was having a great time!  Maybe we will at least have a little this year.  I live in Mckinney...abo ut 50 miles or so from you!

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 05:51:09 pm »
Rosie looks like she had a great time!!!!  So cute!!!

Offline Bubbalove

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 06:42:22 pm »
Isn't it amazing how they know what to do??
Kana - 4 y/o Japanese Akita
Kita - 8/2005 crossed Rainbow Bridge
       10 y/o American Akita

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 11:53:47 pm »
Rosie is a native Texas Newfie. She was bred, born, and raised in Texas all her life, so the most snow she's seen is a puny half inch or so. So all that snow was such a treat for her.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline KKsmiles

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 04:45:37 pm »
Okay just have to tell you as I was watching the video my pup came running in, ears perked, tail wagging a mile a minute. She just went nuts! Never laughed so hard in my life. I think Koda could feel Rosie excitement. LOL!!
Koda - Newf/Lab
Gizmo - Orange TabbyCat

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 05:09:33 pm »
Awww!!  Look at Rosie loving the snow!!!  I hope she ate enough of it to last till next time!!  ;D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 12:04:26 am »
What wonderful parents you are making that long road trip so you could take your beautiful girl too! She ain't spoiled one bit is she?!!
Not at all!  ;) She's our fur-baby.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline shine

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 02:53:20 pm »
She definitely looks like she is having fun!  These big dogs just seem to instinctively love the snow!

I also watched the video of her checking out the pool.  It reminded me of Bodhi....I'm a Newfie, I'm supposed to LOVE water, but I am also a big baby! LOL!  Is that why she doesn't jump right in?  Or is she just well trained?
Sharing my life and love with
Bodhi - Newfoundland
Rio - Loyal Lab/Beagle Mix
Zildjian - Dalmatian
Dolly - Weird Hound Mix
Stubby - Weird Corgi Mix
Ribbit - Grumpy Cocker Mix
House Cats - Bump, Delilah, Stashe, Mischa, Moose
Barn Cats - Archie, Betty, Midge
The Pigs - Ginger & Marianne

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2008, 10:45:16 pm »
Is that why she doesn't jump right in?  Or is she just well trained?

She actually does love water. She's been in the pool before, and was blamed for a clogged water pump that occurred soon after her swim. Since then, she's been banned from swimming in it. Every time she starts approaching the pool, we immediately say 'No.' Hence her reluctance.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2008, 09:45:44 pm »
that was how fumble was in the snow the first time.  he LOVES IT!  and tries to save one snowflake at a time!  lol! by eating them!  it's like the biggest ice cube.  he's a goof ball and will wake me up in the middle of the night if it's snowing! got to love them!  Rosie is ADORABLE! i'm glad that she was able to make the long trip too!  how was she in the car?? she looks like she's so laid back she loves the car rides! 
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 12:58:27 am »
how was she in the car?? she looks like she's so laid back she loves the car rides!

We rented a full size car which works better with a Newf than our two door coupes. She was great in the car. We outfitted the back seat with some plywood to level the seat out for her and it worked out well for her. She was knocked out for most of the drive. We were so happy she was healed well enough from her TPLO surgery to go on a road trip with us. Christmas without her would have been sad.
Rosie - Newfoundland