Author Topic: The Big Snip is fast approaching- Update  (Read 13251 times)

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: The Big Snip is fast approaching- Update
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 12:10:41 am »
That's it!!! Give him more treats!!!LOL ;D
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008, 12:15:40 am »
Big hugs to Miles.  He looks so cute and so unhappy in his e-collar.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2008, 03:14:43 am »
Awww!  :'(  Poor baby Miles.  Give him Extra hugs and kisses from us today!   :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline Amy (guffer)

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2008, 03:26:20 am »
Poor ol' Miles. :( :(  He looks pitiful in those pictures.  He still looks a bit groggy from the anesthesia.  It took Zeus at least 24 hours after surgery to get his balance back, and his appetite soon followed!  Is the collar just a precaution, or has he been licking his sutures already?  Just asking, because maybe you could take it off if its bothering him and bruising you and just supervise him for a while.  My two didn't even seem to notice that anything happened "down there."  No licking or anything.  So thankfully we didn't have to use the collars.  It made life much easier.  Good luck, and kisses to that beautiful boy! :-* :-*

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2008, 10:42:29 am »
Poor ol' Miles. :( :(  He looks pitiful in those pictures.  He still looks a bit groggy from the anesthesia.  It took Zeus at least 24 hours after surgery to get his balance back, and his appetite soon followed!  Is the collar just a precaution, or has he been licking his sutures already?  Just asking, because maybe you could take it off if its bothering him and bruising you and just supervise him for a while.  My two didn't even seem to notice that anything happened "down there."  No licking or anything.  So thankfully we didn't have to use the collars.  It made life much easier.  Good luck, and kisses to that beautiful boy! :-* :-*

This morning he is a little bit better. Tryin to be his crazy self. Still whining on the occasion...and won't eat unless I hand feed him...the little brat. But the fact that he lost a pound before surgery really worried me, so if I have to hand feed him for a couple days to get him to eat, at least he's eating. Since he got a tooth removed too, his mouth may be sore...but he wont eat his food softened ???

I did finally take off the ol' e-collar. He would just lay on the floor and constantly whine. I think he was depressed because he couldn't get comfy with that stupid thing. So, currently he's not wearing it, but at night time...and when we are away, I think he'll have to wear it. As soon as I took it off, he went in for a lick! But, I've been keeping a good eye on him and everytime I see him go for it, I tell him, "No" and he stops. Which is interesting because he's never listened to that command before! hahahaha It's been off for about 45 minutes, and he's tried to lick it maybe 3 times. We'll see how it goes without the collar. Maybe if I threaten to put it back on when he licks he'll stop altogether! hahaha

Modified to add: The e-collar is sort of a precautionary measure and the vet actually told me to leave it on him until he gets his sutures removed. All 13 days. They wrote that on the care sheet specifically for Miles. Since he's so big, and they don't think I'll be able to get it back on him once I get it off. hahaha
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 10:46:12 am by Pyr Heaven »
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline SadieA

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2008, 11:55:45 am »
poor guy, I do hope he feels better soon! That collar sounds like no fun... I'm sure I'd give in and take it off just like you did! It's hard to see such a sweet little boy looking so sad and pathetic!