Author Topic: My turn to vent  (Read 5207 times)

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
My turn to vent
« on: January 03, 2008, 12:23:46 am »
There is a couple out here I know and used to be friends with.Their house is a revolving door for pets.They will get one and it always turns out to be noy quite right for them,so off it goes to a new home.I bet in the 8 yrs I have lived out here that they have had no less then a dozen dogs,plus other revolving pets.The last was a coon hound.He bought him for $500,she didn't like him.They found him a different home,where he stayed 2 days and they had to get rid of him because he barks ??? Another person was interested I said if you can't find anyone let me know and I would post here and see if we could find him a home.Well each person involved was either too busy or greedy and I found out today they just gave up and took him to the pound >:( I was soooooo pissed.I don't like dictatorship,but I think you should pass an IQ test before you can own a pet of any kind.Ok enough venting ;)
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline saintlykallismom

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: My turn to vent
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 12:31:18 am »
Oh I know a family like that. They go through dogs like toliet paper. Its really horrible. Their last purchase was 2 labordoodles(sp?) and they then decided that they just couldn't handle two dogs so they were going to take it to the pound fortunately my cousin found out and took the her to my aunt and uncle and now sarah has nice home with 113 acres of land to roam on. But seriously they couldn't even keep 1 dog for more than a few months at a time what made them think that two dogs was good idea?!?!?!
Proud mama of:

Kalli- 6(?)month old saint bernard
Lexi- 6 mth old orange and white kitten
Franco- 5 yearold big black cat

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 12:42:48 am »
you know, i think every town has one of those. i know people like that also. in the 3 years we've known them, they've had at least 5 dogs, until they got big, like 8 cats, 2 rabbits, hamsters, birds, etc. and once they arent babies anymore, they arent good enough  ::)
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline Bubbalove

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 03:43:17 am »
I actually got my first cat, a beautiful 2 year old Himilayan (sp) from a couple of people who were getting rid of her, another cat and 2 dogs b/c they were installing hardwood floors in their home.  Disgusting huh?
Kana - 4 y/o Japanese Akita
Kita - 8/2005 crossed Rainbow Bridge
       10 y/o American Akita

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 07:48:51 pm »
Melissa, the floors look great!!!
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 08:02:20 pm »
Craigslist down here has people doing this all the time.  It's amazing that the reason is the dog got too big.  Who knew a GSD will be anywhere from 70 - 100 pounds? 

By the way, Melissa, the floors look awesome.  Would you like to come to Houston and finish my tile floors for me?   :D
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline karateblossom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • skin and fur family of many children from ages 5 to 14 living at home; and eng mastiff named odin and a siamese named april. we are like alvin and the chipmunks meet garfield!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 11:52:11 am »
You guys MUST be speaking about my ex husband....lol .  My 14 and I had this conversation last week re why his father (my ex) goes through pets like he does....2 boxers, 2 beagles, a lab, dalmation and a mix in 10 years.  He never has them for more than 6 mo.  :( 
karma is kewl!