Author Topic: Anybody else out there help their dogs blog?  (Read 7103 times)

Offline behr babe

• Gnawer
  • Behr
    • View Profile
    • Random thoughts from the mind of a dane puppy :)
Anybody else out there help their dogs blog?
« on: January 04, 2008, 07:13:34 pm »
Hi,
Just curious if anybody else helps their dogs blog (keep a weblog)just for fun?  My pup started one "accidentally", and then it just kept going.  The breeder she came from requested that all puppy buyers keep a webpage with photo updates of the puppies so she could watch the progress. We had a free page with Yahoo, and then Yahoo decided to stop hosting.  Then we got a blog, since that's free anyhow.

Then somehow, as a joke to family, my pup (Behr) started "writing comments" to post, with mom's help of course, since she doesn't type well yet ;D  It just kind of grew from there.

SO, I was wondering if anyone else out there with some Big Paws in the home has a "dog blog" as well.  I thought it would be fun to start a collection of them to read maybe.

Holly (Behr's mom)
Behr is a 10 week old dane puppy, by the way

http://behrrake.wordpress.com/

Offline shine

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody else out there help their dogs blog?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 01:10:40 pm »
I used to go to the Best Friends message boards regularly, and there were alot of people posting there as their animals.  At first I thought it was kind of silly....every one used baby talk and lots of typos...but I quickly got hooked.  I used to post as Zildjian, our Dalamatian.... the other "dogs" posting called her 'Miz Spotty Hairfurs'....and to this day we still call her that!  It's fun to come up with a "voice" for your dog....I think Bodhi would sound kind of like the Cowardly Lion and say "DUH" alot....LOLOL. ...
Sharing my life and love with
Bodhi - Newfoundland
Rio - Loyal Lab/Beagle Mix
Zildjian - Dalmatian
Dolly - Weird Hound Mix
Stubby - Weird Corgi Mix
Ribbit - Grumpy Cocker Mix
House Cats - Bump, Delilah, Stashe, Mischa, Moose
Barn Cats - Archie, Betty, Midge
The Pigs - Ginger & Marianne

Offline fings

• Gnawer
  • Bo Vadar
    • View Profile
    • Bo Knows: He Just Doesn't Listen
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 12:50:15 am »
My dog wrote me a book, about our adventures together over the last 15 years, for x-mas of 2006. It was so cute I found him a literary agent (finally, a canine with an agent) and we're working on getting it published.  In the interim, Bo, started his own blog at www.boknowsonl ine.com where he posts up to date doggie news with sarcastic commentary.  All dogs welcome to leave comments on any of the stories posted. You can also read the first chapter if you go to Categories: My Life (Of All The Gin Joints In All The World She Walks Into Mine). 

Offline BandRsMom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Its the Dogs Life
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 12:09:10 pm »
I blog about my dogs, but not for them. Its alot of fun and I have met a ton of wonderful people in the "blog-o-sphere"

You can see my blog at www.itsthedogs life.com