Author Topic: SOOOOO SICK!!! You know it's love when....  (Read 7075 times)

DenverFurKiddos

SOOOOO SICK!!! You know it's love when....
« on: January 24, 2008, 12:34:19 am »
your dog eats frozen poop......then throws it up ON YOU!!!!

Unfortunately, I couldn't make this up, even if I tried!  This evening, Winston brought in a HUGE poopsicle, proudly studying it in the middle of the living room.  But, apparently, he tried the buffet beforehand because about two hours later.....BUUU RRRPP!!!!  Right on my lap!!!!!  Omigod.  The smell!  The SMMEEELLL!!  Ugh.  I'm dry-heaving!  :P

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: SOOOOO SICK!!! You know it's love when....
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 12:45:03 am »
But mommy.  Why are you so upset?  See what a wonderful gift I gave you.  What?  You don't like it.  LOL  That is hysterical.  Good luck and remember, it isn't nice not to thank the giver politely.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 12:56:00 am »
Hahaha!  I know....it really is funny...especi ally since he just did it AGAIN, but this time hubby has to clean up!  It's so much funnier now that it happened to him!

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 01:30:33 am »
OMG, I think that is really the nastiest pet story I've ever heard.  :P
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 04:12:36 am »
Ewwwwwwwww, shudder!!!!   ;D  :o  That IS even nastier than my grossest pet story (so far).  One night just before bed, Daisy found a long dead (2-3 weeks) old bird in our yard & gulped it down, feathers & all, while I tried to make her drop it.  She has IBD so many types of "normal" food will cause her make her terribly sick, so I didn't want to risk what might happen if she tried to digest the disgusting, septic thing and our vet was closed (and no emergency vets out here in the boonies), so I racked my brain for what to do.  Then I remembered that we had some hydrogen peroxide and our vet had told me years ago to give it to cause vomiting in case of poisoning, so that's what I did.  That's when I decided that the only thing more disgusting than watching her chomp down this stanky dead bird was watching her ralph it back up again...yes still with feathers & all.  I went & buried the darn thing right then and went into the house & groused at my hubby for not burying the poor bird when it first hit our window weeks before.   :-\  Normally he's good about such things, but he'd forgotten about it.

Anyway, none of this happened in my lap, so my hats off to you if you kept your composure (& your cookies).  You are awesome!   ;)  ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Bubbalove

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 10:43:36 pm »
I just had a POOPSICLE incident yesterday!!  Kana proudly brought it back to the stoop and as I let him in he grabbed it, threw it up in the air and chased it down again.  I thought it looked like a peach pit so I quickly picked it up  :P :P :P
To my dismay, it was a turd!  Gross!!!  I guess this is not uncommon.  I am just glad that he did not eat it like yours did, thank god for small miracles  :-\ :-\
Kana - 4 y/o Japanese Akita
Kita - 8/2005 crossed Rainbow Bridge
       10 y/o American Akita

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 11:55:30 pm »
Oh, my friend, you ARE very lucky!  Winston is such a licker, too.....God, this story is only getting worse! 

P.S....In an effort to be a glass-half-full kinda girl, maybe this will help all of us trying stick to our New Year's diets!  I know I'm not hungry!! :) 

Offline shine

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 02:27:34 pm »
Welcome to my world, LOL!!  Two of Bodhi's favorite things are poopsicles and belching.  They don't combine well.  I have learned to run away or cover my face whenever he burps, because I know it is going to be absolutely disgusting! 

Let me tell you, when you have 6 dogs there are LOTS of Poopsicles in the yard! ACK!!  For awhile we used that powder that you put on dog's food to make their poop "unpalatable" (like it isn't already?!?!)....then when the pet food recall came along we stopped feeding any canned food and they won't touch the powder on their dry kibble.  We've just learned to deal with our disgust, lol....
Sharing my life and love with
Bodhi - Newfoundland
Rio - Loyal Lab/Beagle Mix
Zildjian - Dalmatian
Dolly - Weird Hound Mix
Stubby - Weird Corgi Mix
Ribbit - Grumpy Cocker Mix
House Cats - Bump, Delilah, Stashe, Mischa, Moose
Barn Cats - Archie, Betty, Midge
The Pigs - Ginger & Marianne

Icerotti

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 07:46:07 pm »
oh yuck  :P..... Your poor momma Winstin

Offline AnnaCrew

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
    • Come and pat Grace
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 07:48:31 pm »
I feel sorry for you! On Tuesday Grace went for spay and we knew that she can be sick after the anethesia... but we forget... So husband went to bed, Grace decided that they can share the bed, and then... It was not very bright and fresh awakening for poor husband! He had it all over him, face included... See, Grace is a BIG girl.
And our bed... OK, it is clean now :D Without details...
http://ozolkalni.blogspot.com/
Come and pat Grace athttp://en.uniteddogs.com/dog/16498

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 02:54:20 pm »
Oh, wow...Your husband is a good, sweet soul (So are you!!!). 
Isn't your husband the one that that's totally supportive of your little animal farm??  Um....will you let us all in on the secret??  How in the world did you "train" him to be so accepting??   ;)