Author Topic: a dog bit my mom  (Read 1633 times)

Offline saintlykallismom

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
a dog bit my mom
« on: January 24, 2008, 04:33:30 pm »
My mom work the Intermediate Unit in Central PA so she has to make lots of house calls. Yesterday she went to see this family and they had a dog chained up outside :( well while she was inside the dog must have broke the chain because we she was getting ready to leave it ran up to her and bit her leg. She didn't think it broke the skin at frist but as she was driving home she realized her leg was bleeding. I advised her to go the ER to have it looked out and to fill out the proper paper work to see if the dog had its vaccinations and rabies shot. Turns out the dog had never been to the vet before so now my mom has to go back and get rabies shots. Some people shouldn't be allowed to have animals!
Proud mama of:

Kalli- 6(?)month old saint bernard
Lexi- 6 mth old orange and white kitten
Franco- 5 yearold big black cat

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: a dog bit my mom
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 08:29:10 pm »
That's terrible, I hope your mom is going to press charges.  It's sad too because this dog is most likely going to be the one to pay the biggest price for it's owners negligence, stupidity, and ignorence.  I hope your mom is okay though, and that her leg heals quickly ,without any lasting trauma.
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline karateblossom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • skin and fur family of many children from ages 5 to 14 living at home; and eng mastiff named odin and a siamese named april. we are like alvin and the chipmunks meet garfield!
    • View Profile
Re: a dog bit my mom
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 11:25:35 pm »
Oh, I'm so sorry!  I hope your mom will be ok and I hope she files charges against the negligent owners. That's sad!
karma is kewl!