Author Topic: My baby is coming Home!!!!  (Read 5315 times)

Offline 4thedogs

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
My baby is coming Home!!!!
« on: February 07, 2008, 12:37:00 am »
Many of you have been following the progress of Paige's puppies she rescued from a shelter. 

In about an hour my husband and I will be leaving to go Logan Airport in Boston to get our new baby!  Yes, we are adopting the little badger girl who I think we will call "Willow" but I want to meet her before we officially decide on a name.

My husband and I are excited beyond belief to be getting this little Texan!  I just hope she sleeps through the flight and doesn't miss her litter mates too bad.

We will not get home until late tonight as Boston is a few hours away.  This little pup will grow up in the rural "hills" of NH.  I can't wait to introduce her to the snow tomorrow.

We currently have three other dogs:
Daisy- 13 yr old Rottie- very elderly
Sam- 5 yr mixed breed ( lab/pit/akita but looks like a small landseer Newf..go figure)
Bear- 5 yr Berner

All were rescues.  We also have a feral kitty that was living in a sandpit close to my home.  She had kittens.  We trapped and placed them and kept Momma who is now named Saffira.  she loves the dogs!  Took to them better than people.

We also have a spoiled rotten Moluccan Cockatoo who is like a 3 year old in a bird suit. 

I look forward to chatting with you guys and will have lots of Pyr/puppy  questions as well as how to work this
forum but I am sure I'll figure it out.

Well its off to the airport soon to pickup our newest bundle of joy.  I will try to post pictures this weekend when I am not chasing the puppy around!

8) 8) :D ;D

Offline 4thedogs

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: My baby is coming Home!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 12:42:53 am »
Oppps forgot to sign that..

Leslie & Mike
In Snowy NH

I'll figure out the signature thing later I just wanted to post how excited we are to be getting on of Paige's puppies! ::)

Offline BigSoftandFluffyLover

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 01:04:08 am »
This is so great!!! It will be so nice to have you around to post pics of the little (willow) beauty.  Im not as learned about BPO as some around here  ;)  or the little pups but being a person owned by a Pyr i definitely feel related to every owned person on this blog.  So congrats and drive safe.  I have family up there and the weather has been crap so take care of yourselves and your new bundle of joy!!! YAY!!!!  :D :D :D

lorim2

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 01:13:12 am »
Hey Leslie!  I am so excited you are here too and ditto what Stella said....Paige is a great friend of mine and we are meeting tonight to share a few cocktails to ease her separation anxieties...(SP)...Anyway I know you will love your new baby and just keep those pics coming!!  Oh I'm Lori..mom to alot!!! Welcome

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 01:31:44 am »
Welcome Leslie!!! I am so glad you got one of the pups  ;D
It seems like you have one great family  :)
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

marypyrs

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 01:47:58 am »
OH MY GOSH!!!!!! This is SO wonderful to hear from you!!!!!!
I have a picture of your Baby sitting right here looking at me from the computer desk. This is THRILLING!

WELCOME! WELCOME! WELCOME!!!!!!  :D  :D  :D  :D

I love the name Willow. (A willow bends but never breaks)

Can't wait to hear an update and to see and hear of her growth and many adventures in the north country that will be her home.

I am so happy for you all!  :D

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 05:17:54 am »
Welcome Leslie, Mike & furry & feathered family.  I'm so happy for you!  I remember the days that I waited for Cara & Halley's planes just like it was yesterday.  What a happy, exciting, & happy evening you are going to have.  Please give that sweet baby a kiss from me, too.  Everyone's right, we've all fallen in love with those babies from afar.  Thank God for Paige.  I truly believe that everyone is given opportunities sometimes to be an angel for someone in need.  Paige has been so busy caring for that sweet Pyr family and now she'll get to watch them go on to happy, well-loved lives with the knowledge that she was their angel.  I can't wait to see pics of your new puppy with your family.  I love the name "Willow".  It is one of the names that I've had tucked away in my mind for any future Pyr additions to our family.  ;D  :-*  Again, welcome!  We're all so glad that you joined!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 07:27:32 am »
awww Leslie you figure out how to join us- I have been sitting here crying for the last 30 minutes I am happy and sad and I didnt even meet Lori for drinks- (husband was locked out of the house)
Willow is a really wonderful little girl and I have explained the bond that I had with her. All of the puppies are special, but she was so much like Zoey that it made it hard to even accept the fact that she needed a new mom.

I am relieved to know that she is now with you and that you guys already love her.... thank you for wanting her and for wanting to love her.
Paige

Offline Skippy

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Lollie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 07:32:06 am »
Well welcome to the board. You are going to have so much fun and love from that girl. Paige has done such a great thing. This will make her happy. I don't say much, more of a lurker, but I have been following their progress. Thank goodness you have snow those puppies seem to like mud. ::)  :) :)

Post pics.

Skippy
Central New York

Offline 4thedogs

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 06:46:25 am »
Well Willow it is!  We decided the name fit.  What a lovebug.  Mike and I instantly fell in love.  :-*
She has so much personality she is like a grown dog already in a puppy's body.  All is going well with the introductions with my guys.  Only the kitty seems to be upset and she'll come around.
We had quite the adventure in Boston.  I made a wrong turn and got "lost" for about 45 minutes but we still got to the airport in plenty of time as the flight had been delayed.  I cannot say I was very impressed with American Airlines Priority service  >:( but she made it here in one piece and that is the important thing. 
I cannot believe how beautiful she is Paige!  And you thought I'd be carry her around alot...Holy Cow...I need to build up my muscles first.  She may be the runt but she's heavy to tote around for any length of time. 
Willow absolutely loves the snow.  She would stay outside running and playing if I'd let her but I am too paranoid about getting her acclimated to the cold. 

I will try to get some pics posted soon.  I have been taking plenty of her in the snow so stay tuned!
I can't wait to hear how her brothers are making out too.

Thanks for the welcome guys, this is so neat! 8)

Leslie & Willow

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 09:56:05 am »
I'm so glad that despite the delays & the wrong turns that she arrived safely.  Halley's flight was delayed for 5 hours due to mechanical problems.  Fortunately, like Willow, she was fine, but I was a worried wreck.  It sounds like Miss Willow is settling in nicely and that the kitty will adjust in no time.  I really love her name. Please post those pics as soon as you have a break between puppy games.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 05:55:22 pm »
Welcome to BPO, I just saw this thread.  You will love it here and sounds like you are already in love with Willow.  Please post lots of pics of her and your other babies.  Sounds like you are very experienced in loving the skin kids.  We are glad you are here and really glad that we will get to watch your little lady grow up.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2008, 09:37:34 am »
YAY YAY YAY Willow's home!!!!  It's so great that you got her and that you joined the board!!!!  Welcome, it sounds like you have quite the family!  Can't wait to see pics of her playing in the snow!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix