Big Paws Only Dog Forums
September 20, 2017, 12:33:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Congratulation s Dinty the Newf You look very handsome atop the site.

The BPO Calendar is now available for purchase. For more information, see the self-titled thread.

Looking for something interesting to read? Catch up on the latest doggy news in our BPO Blog.

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about puppy insurance  (Read 6748 times)
Jet
Gnawer

you need a saddle for that dog!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 08:26:40 AM »

I have ASPCA, its okay but Petplan is by far the best and Im changing to it asap.

We love GSD'S
People Whisperer
Supreme Drooler

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 09:07:21 AM »

I have ASPCA, its okay but Petplan is by far the best and Im changing to it asap.
What is so good about Petplan? Do you have any info?

"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it Smiley

ratdog
Veteran Dog Chomper

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2008, 12:41:03 PM »

We use VPI pet insurence and it is the best thing we could have done.  You pay upfront, and then you fax the reciept ad the dr. appt why he was there thing, and they send you your money;  BUT...they claim they don't cover certain things, although they do. Jazmine got papaloma virus from another dog,  and they said they would cover nothing. But i send in the form anyway, and i got ALL $600 back from them.  So don't be afraid to send it anyway.  I would highly recommend them, they are great. They actually now cover 100% of spay/neuter, yearly exam, dental or hearworm, and more.  I would highly recommend them!

I went with VPI. My vet also recommended them as well. Do you know if there is a waiting period from the time you sign up to when you can use the insurance? I don't see anything about that on the website.

Best friends forever:
Tal, my cat, 1990-2007
Ratdog, my dog, 1992-2004

My new love:
Cody
Guardian Angel's White lightning
Top Doggie Dog

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2008, 03:08:16 AM »

No there is no waiting time, you can call and ask them too...they are very nice people to talk to. They will tell you though that things are not covered...but, don't bother asking those things, just send in the paper work. If you look at it as ....not depending on the money back, you will do great.  I always have recieved great money back from them.  But people with high hopes are the ones who might have large issues.  I guess when Jazmine had her surgery that they claimed was not covered...i grunted...and sent the papers anyway.....and to my surprise i got back all of it!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: